• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

(I posted this in comic's general, but since this is all about Walking Dead I figured it might be good idea to post it here as well.)

Hey gang,

I fast-tracked two copies of the book pictured below back at the end of the summer. CGC shipped the two CGC books on 9/11/2012, and as of today's date I have still not received the package. :(

Both Books were CGC Signature Series (Yellow Label) 9.8's:

CGC Serial #:1046056001

CGC Serial#:1046056002

solen_zps2e7a7cb0.jpg

I talked to a claims representative with USPS and they opened a investigation.They said what happened was there was a crate of registered mail that went missing from their Florida Hub from that time period. The rep said that this is the first time he has ever heard of registered mail not being delivered or stolen.

CGC and I were hopeful they were going to find the crate but as of now I have given up and just filled out a claim as advised by that same USPS representative on the phone.

I know this is a long shot, but if any of you guys happen to see a 9.8 CGC SS copy of this book that have the above CGC serial numbers on them (especially eBay) to please contact me right away. I will reward ($$) anyone with any information leading to me recovering any of the books.

Happy Holidays,

John (SOT)

They said what happened was there was a crate of registered mail that went missing from their Florida Hub from that time period. The rep said that this is the first time he has ever heard of registered mail not being delivered or stolen.

Wow. Sorry for the bad luck first of all. Just want to point out that registered mail is at all times under lock and key and SIGNED FOR by each mail agent.

It is literally unheard of that something like this happens.

If it helps at all - you will probably get the stuff -- the people that handle the registered mail stuff take their jobs VERY seriously (their jobs depend on it -- they can actually lose their job if they lose a piece of registered mail)..

Don't fret - it once took 27 days for a piece to come from CA to NY to me.

Best wishes that you get the books back!

They said what happened was there was a crate of registered mail that went missing from their Florida Hub from that time period. The rep said that this is the first time he has ever heard of registered mail not being delivered or stolen.

Wow. Sorry for the bad luck first of all. Just want to point out that registered mail is at all times under lock and key and SIGNED FOR by each mail agent.

It is literally unheard of that something like this happens.

If it helps at all - you will probably get the stuff -- the people that handle the registered mail stuff take their jobs VERY seriously (their jobs depend on it -- they can actually lose their job if they lose a piece of registered mail)..

Don't fret - it once took 27 days for a piece to come from CA to NY to me.

Best wishes that you get the books back!

Thanks for the hopeful optimism, but at this point the books have been missing for well over 3 months. The rep at USPS said he has little hopes of them finding this crate yet alone my box.

Other CGC customers also lost their books from what I have heard from other boardies already. :sorry:

(I posted this in comic's general, but since this is all about Walking Dead I figured it might be good idea to post it here as well.)

Hey gang,

I fast-tracked two copies of the book pictured below back at the end of the summer. CGC shipped the two CGC books on 9/11/2012, and as of today's date I have still not received the package. :(

solen_zps2e7a7cb0.jpg

I talked to a claims representative with USPS and they opened a investigation.They said what happened was there was a crate of registered mail that went missing from their Florida Hub from that time period. The rep said that this is the first time he has ever heard of registered mail not being delivered or stolen.

CGC and I were hopeful they were going to find the crate but as of now I have given up and just filled out a claim as advised by that same USPS representative on the phone.

I know this is a long shot, but if any of you guys happen to see a 9.8 CGC SS copy of this book that have the above CGC serial numbers on them (especially eBay) to please contact me right away. I will reward ($$) anyone with any information leading to me recovering any of the books.

Happy Holidays,

John (SOT)

Damn man that sucks big time. The post office has done me dirty as well. I order 4 Christmas gifts ( all for the gf) a month ago and I still havent received anything!! According to the tracking, it states that they had been misrouted and that they were found and have been corrected. Supposed to be "delivered on the 24th" I hope they get here in time or else ima be in the dog house :(

But I'll make sure to check out EBay for you as well. I live on that site

On an entirely unrelated note to any of the last 20 pages, I wanted to get a general feel for Raw vs. CGC (blue) vs. CGC (Yellow - purchased, not witnessed sig's) for collectors.

I have quite a few books, about 15 long boxes and I just got back into collecting about 2 years ago. None of my modern stuff if slabbed. I am a bit of a completest, so I have almost every Walking Dead book printed. I have tried to educate myself on best practices for storage and archiving your books. I put most all of my books in MyLite+'s with BCW modern size boards. I then put them in hard side PVC top loaders and store them separately from my long box runs.

I do have about 20 slabbed books, both CGC and PGX and I store them in a separate box, but again nothing modern.

As I said above, I am a big Walking Dead fan, however I am afraid that the modern age of books is experiencing a run up in pricing and eventually the bottom will fall out. I have watched WD 19, 27, & 61 creep up in price as they are somewhat milestone events for the book, and with such recent modern books rising in price so rapidly, I am simply concerned that we are in a collectors bubble (see 1990's). With that said, is it worth having modern books slabbed? Why or why not? How do you care for or store your books? What are your thoughts on the modern age book prices?

Hey gang,

Happy Holidays,

John (SOT)

That really sucks, did you list those over on the website for stolen comics that a boardie runs also to get the info out to more folks? I will keep an eye out both online and at cons this cons season for you.

With a whole crate of registered mail coming up MIA I have a feeling these are still somewhere in the USPS possession. Just a matter of time before someone finally finds it.

I had a 1/10 OZ Gold American Eagle coin on bought off eBay about 2.5 years ago that ended up disappearing at the time. Bought from a high volume seller on eBay so he just did an insurance claim at the time and sent me a replacement. Earlier this summer the coin ended up being delivered. The package was in perfect condition, it just disappeared for almost 2 years and then tracking came back up out of nowhere and then it was delivered. You just never know with the wonderful USPS.

Will keep an eye out as well...

My brother in law has had a parcel turn up (late birthday present is an understatement) 2 years after it was shipped. :wishluck: here's to hoping the crate makes its way back from an adventure in China ;)

On an entirely unrelated note to any of the last 20 pages, I wanted to get a general feel for Raw vs. CGC (blue) vs. CGC (Yellow - purchased, not witnessed sig's) for collectors.

I have quite a few books, about 15 long boxes and I just got back into collecting about 2 years ago. None of my modern stuff if slabbed. I am a bit of a completest, so I have almost every Walking Dead book printed. I have tried to educate myself on best practices for storage and archiving your books. I put most all of my books in MyLite+'s with BCW modern size boards. I then put them in hard side PVC top loaders and store them separately from my long box runs.

I do have about 20 slabbed books, both CGC and PGX and I store them in a separate box, but again nothing modern.

As I said above, I am a big Walking Dead fan, however I am afraid that the modern age of books is experiencing a run up in pricing and eventually the bottom will fall out. I have watched WD 19, 27, & 61 creep up in price as they are somewhat milestone events for the book, and with such recent modern books rising in price so rapidly, I am simply concerned that we are in a collectors bubble (see 1990's). With that said, is it worth having modern books slabbed? Why or why not? How do you care for or store your books? What are your thoughts on the modern age book prices?

Howdy! welcome to the WD thread.

here's my take on WD Slabs. i collect all things WD. That being said, if you want me to give you more then $15-$20 for a great floppy, it has to be CGC graded. it doesnt concern me how "great" the seller thinks he is at grading his own books, at the end of the day, they are his own books, and he'll see them as being in better shape then they probably are, which is natural.

hope this helps.

First off, Jerry is one of the most passionate WD OA collectors on the boards. He mentioned that you can get better pieces on the secondary market than you can from Mark for better prices. No malice in that, I guarantee that if you put up most of the pages from 105 you will not recoup your investment. People will buy from Mark because of his reputation and people like buying from the source. I have no problem with any price he can get, and I would rather see it in Mr. Adlards pocket than anyone else's. The pricing has passed flipper prices, and now is in monopoly pricing. All the power to him, but it just isn't in line with secondary market values.

Jim

First off, Jerry is one of the most passionate WD OA collectors on the boards. He mentioned that you can get better pieces on the secondary market than you can from Mark for better prices. No malice in that, I guarantee that if you put up most of the pages from 105 you will not recoup your investment. People will buy from Mark because of his reputation and people like buying from the source. I have no problem with any price he can get, and I would rather see it in Mr. Adlards pocket than anyone else's. The pricing has passed flipper prices, and now is in monopoly pricing. All the power to him, but it just isn't in line with secondary market values.

Jim

Does anyone ever see pages (no matter how plain or boring) go for less than $150 anywhere?