• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks to all those who helped me finish my run

76 posts in this topic

As many of you know, I am a huge high grade X-Men geek. I’ve read and collected the exploits of those uncanny mutants since I was a kid. After some years away, I came back to the hobby with the help of CGC and rediscovered my passion for collecting. I submitted most of my original raw books to CGC (uncanny x-men 1-320 complete) but nearly all came back low to mid-grade and many were restored. So, I set out a few years ago to rebuild my Uncanny X-Men collection.

Well, with the last piece arriving this afternoon and after some time, considerable effort and even more considerable money, I have finally finished my Uncanny X-Men 1-450 set in 9.2 and higher. With that said, it could not have been finished without the help of many of you here, so I’d like to use this post to thank a few of those involved.

Jim “Doc” Watson - I must send out a huge thank you to Jim for allowing me the opportunity to acquire a some of his incredible SA beauties. His collection was the crème de la crème and I was extremely happy to add a few of them to mine. (worship)

Scott “Scottieye” Ireland - Scott was the previous owner of my X-men #1 , my grail of grails. When I started out rebuilding my collection, I never thought such a beauty would land in my lap. Thanks again for making that deal possible. (worship)

Tomega - Thanks to Tom, a number of very nice SA, BA and modern books made there way into my collection. Thank you, Tom (worship)

Ghost Town - Barton, thank you for not only adding a few nice books to my set but for also inspiring me to make my collection the best it can be. (worship)

Mutantkeys - Danny, I want to thank you for helping me to secure some very nice and hard to get books. I also want to thank you for introducing me to the registry. I’ve had a lot of fun looking at all the other collections and sharing mine with all of you. Thanks, buddy. (worship)

And of course I’d like to thank CGC for making the hobby a whole lot safer than it was before I returned. (worship)

Thanks to everyone who has either sold me a book or helped me find one. (thumbs u

You are more than welcome, Casey. Congratulations on completing the run and I am proud to have been able to play a very small part in such a large and impressive achievement. (thumbs u

Great story and achievement!! (worship) :headbang:Your story mirrors my own with regards to sending in what I thought were HG ASM's circa 2002 and finding out that they were all low, mid grade or qualified(Damn not counting all the pages!! :boo:) Also like you I've since become a big believer in CGC and collecting true HG books where I can afford them. Thanks for sharing!! (thumbs u