• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage countdown....

348 posts in this topic

maybe the first restored book (action 1) will break $100K?

Didn't NeatStuff supposedly sell a restored Action #1 for $125K a year or two ago?

it has been rumored that the 9.0 MP sold for $90K cash with a trade (with a $125K asking), but I could never confirm... can anyone confirm (filter81?)

Well, now that the books have hit ebay, the countdown begins.... anyone have any comments? maybe the first restored book (action 1) will break $100K?

the great (I know, not GA) toth books?

the Kylbergs....

Wasn't the other Action Comics #1 restored book being offered at $1.1 million?

I believe we discussed that one ad nauseum lol

What about the Mile High Flash run. I think it is ashame they all came out at once. There is no way they are going to stay together. I'm working on my Silver age run but the 104 has always been a favorite of mine. Any estimates on that one....

What about the Mile High Flash run. I think it is ashame they all came out at once.

Actually they are being spread over two auctions. Most of the earlier numbers, starting with #2, will be in the next Signature auction.

One of the most interesting aspects of this auction are the number of restored keys, which has been mentioned here before, and to eventually see where these books end come hammer time. Could be a true bell weather of sorts for the collecting community and what value is placed on restored books of this caliber 2c

One of the most interesting aspects of this auction are the number of restored keys, which has been mentioned here before, and to eventually see where these books end come hammer time. Could be a true bell weather of sorts for the collecting community and what value is placed on restored books of this caliber 2c

true, most all of the major keys are available in one shot, but there is a pretty good track record of sales for like restored keys, so this should pretty much follow suite, except maybe the action 1 (shrug)

What about the Mile High Flash run. I think it is ashame they all came out at once.

Actually they are being spread over two auctions. Most of the earlier numbers, starting with #2, will be in the next Signature auction.

Richard, any reason why they decided to do this? If I were the seller, I would`ve wanted to put the run up all together.

Richard, any reason why they decided to do this? If I were the seller, I would`ve wanted to put the run up all together.

I heard heritage wanted to "save" some draw for next auction...they had the kylberg and the toth this auction, so they put the later issues up now, and will save the bulk for next auction... but, I didn't hear this from richard, so he might have better insight

I haven't talked to the consignor much lately, so I really have no idea why Heritage is doing it this way. But one guess would be the shear volume of books (and dollars) in one sale. There are about sixty Mile High Flash books in this collection, including 2 -30 or so complete. If they were to sell at the same crazy rate as the Green Lanterns and Adventures that would add up to a tremendous amount of dough. There may be some fear that some of the books might suffer if the actual pool of bidders is relatively small.

I think someone should buy that absolutely gorgeous, stupendous, monumentally historic copy of Mad #1 CGC 9.8 Gaines. That would just be THE book to own. :cool:

I envy the owner whoever he is.Obviously a man of very high and excellent taste.

Rumors have it hes a celeb on fox news.

Heard he's a lawyer too... :screwy:

Damn lawyers. Nothing good ever comes from that group. :sumo:;)

I haven't talked to the consignor much lately, so I really have no idea why Heritage is doing it this way. But one guess would be the shear volume of books (and dollars) in one sale. There are about sixty Mile High Flash books in this collection, including 2 -30 or so complete. If they were to sell at the same crazy rate as the Green Lanterns and Adventures that would add up to a tremendous amount of dough. There may be some fear that some of the books might suffer if the actual pool of bidders is relatively small.

Knowing this, I'm holding off on this round and will wait for the next round to try and get one of the great early covers. Or, I'll just be priced out.

Well for the old time DC collectors such as myself there sure are alot of stunning books in the next heritage auction thats for sure! Erik

If they were to sell at the same crazy rate as the Green Lanterns and Adventures that would add up to a tremendous amount of dough. There may be some fear that some of the books might suffer if the actual pool of bidders is relatively small.

That would be my thinking also. (thumbs u

Now if that's a temendous amount of dough to extract from the whole marketplace, it's a gigantic amount of money for one person. Any idea what Joe is going to be doing with all this money as if the GL's and Adventures weren't enough for him already.

If they were to sell at the same crazy rate as the Green Lanterns and Adventures that would add up to a tremendous amount of dough. There may be some fear that some of the books might suffer if the actual pool of bidders is relatively small.

That would be my thinking also. (thumbs u

Now if that's a temendous amount of dough to extract from the whole marketplace, it's a gigantic amount of money for one person. Any idea what Joe is going to be doing with all this money as if the GL's and Adventures weren't enough for him already.

There was very solid under-bidding on the books and by people who don't normally put up the dough except when primo material like this comes up. The folks going after these are not saying "maybe I should get a spider-man instead of this." It still makes sense to get the premier cover spot and promotion that will come from waiting until the next sale.

My only comment on the auction is I wish they hadn't littered ebay with all of the auctions. It makes it difficult to locate the few auctions intermingled that are exclusive to ebay ;)

I agree...plus, you bid on ebay, and 1)you pay a higher BP 2) you sometimes miss out winning (ask skypinkblu) 3) it does clog things up for a bit...

but, should be fun

So it's better to bid on the book on the Heritage site rather than eBay?

My only comment on the auction is I wish they hadn't littered ebay with all of the auctions. It makes it difficult to locate the few auctions intermingled that are exclusive to ebay ;)

I agree...plus, you bid on ebay, and 1)you pay a higher BP 2) you sometimes miss out winning (ask skypinkblu) 3) it does clog things up for a bit...

but, should be fun

So it's better to bid on the book on the Heritage site rather than eBay?

without question...why would anyone that can bid on heritage, bid on ebay knowing they have to pay 3% more and might "win" but still loose...the ebay route is for those that don't already know about heritage, etc, I would think

the ebay route is for those that don't already know about heritage, etc, I would think

I believe that would be correct. My first Heritage purchase (a Silver Surfer #3 CGC 9.2) came from ebay in 2005, before I knew better to just bid directly on their site.