• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winning bidder of my Spidy Platnum in 9.8 Claims Shill

62 posts in this topic

Well being that his high bid happen to be $1 more than the last bidders bid. I can see why he would feel that way..

What do you mean? That's just the way ebay works - the high bidder could have bid $10.000, but as someone else only bid $2000, his winning bid is a couple of $ higher than the second highest bid of $2000.

Well being that his high bid happen to be $1 more than the last bidders bid. I can see why he would feel that way..

What do you mean? That's just the way ebay works - the high bidder could have bid $10.000, but as someone else only bid $2000, his winning bid is a couple of $ higher than the second highest bid of $2000.

Correctamundo (thumbs u

the high bidder could have bid $10.000, but as someone else only bid $2000, his winning bid is a couple of $ higher than the second highest bid of $2000

In this scenario (which I realize did not occur in this auction), wouldn't the bid have been bumped up one full bid increment? The bid increment for a $2,000 auction is $25. (shrug)

the high bidder could have bid $10.000, but as someone else only bid $2000, his winning bid is a couple of $ higher than the second highest bid of $2000

In this scenario, wouldn't the bid have been bumped up one full bid increment? The bid increment for a $2,000 auction is $25. (shrug)

NO, because the top bidder's bid was $2,002.

comix_geek( 27) US $2,002.00 May-17-08 06:42:13 PDT 60193 --

eldosebabu( 145)

Send Second Chance Offer US $2,001.00 May-17-08 11:22:37 PDT 11413 --

misb-shop( 604)

Send Second Chance Offer US $1,555.00 May-17-08 11:22:30 PDT 20817 --

misb-shop( 604)

Send Second Chance Offer US $1,456.56 May-17-08 11:22:15 PDT 20817 --

e_bay_jay4u( 173)

Send Second Chance Offer US $1,301.00 May-10-08 11:44:01 PDT 60193 --

edbr00ha( 120)

Send Second Chance Offer US $1,300.00 May-17-08 05:44:30 PDT United Kingdom --

In this scenario, wouldn't the bid have been bumped up one full bid increment? The bid increment for a $2,000 auction is $25. (shrug)

Sorry, I went back and edited a phrase in because the scenario mentioned is not the same as what happened in this auction. In this auction, the high bidder's max was $2002, and since the second highest bidder bid $2001, the final price would only go up to the 1st bidder's max (Is that right?). But in the other example, if someone's max was $2002 and the next person bid $10,000, what would the current price be? $2003? $2027?

Sorry, I went back and edited a phrase in because the scenario mentioned is not the same as what happened in this auction. In this auction, the high bidder's max was $2002, and the second highest bidder bid $2001 (Is that right?). But in the other example, if someone's max was $2002 and the next person bid $10,000, what would the current price be? $2003? $2027?

It would go up to the next increment, which would be $2,027 if $25 is the increment.

Sorry, I went back and edited a phrase in because the scenario mentioned is not the same as what happened in this auction. In this auction, the high bidder's max was $2002, and the second highest bidder bid $2001 (Is that right?). But in the other example, if someone's max was $2002 and the next person bid $10,000, what would the current price be? $2003? $2027?

It would go up to the next increment, which would be $2,027 if $25 is the increment.

Ah, thanks, that's what I thought ($25 is the increment, I checked on Ebay). So the first quote in this post is incorrect.

Ah, thanks, that's what I thought ($25 is the increment, I checked on Ebay). So the first quote in this post is incorrect.

Correct

"the high bidder could have bid $10,000, but as someone else only bid $2000, his winning bid is a couple of $ higher than the second highest bid of $2000 "

I see now that I was kinda misquoting this quote, but the same principle would apply. If the current high bidder had a max of $10,000, and someone came along and bid $2,002, the current high bid would be $2027, of course. We've all had that happen.

Is that why the winner thinks it's fixed? Because his bid was exactly $1 higher than the 2nd bid and not the normal increment?

Which would indicate TO HIM that someone underbid his max bid by exactly one dollar so as to extract the maximum amount of cash from him.

So I can see why he might see that...

If you send him the bidding list, he would be able to see the bidders and this matter might be solved without having to file an NPB. (shrug)

the question is after his fit would he really want to risk sending it to him?.. Next he will be complaining in neg about how the book is not in described shape

the question is after his fit would he really want to risk sending it to him?.. Next he will be complaining in neg about how the book is not in described shape

Ah , Question , ..I don't believe it's the platinum , nor the

silver , but ..........what is the "black" copy that is is bagged , w/ the price on the bag , , yet doesn't have the price on the actual book.... It is different than the other 20 copies that I have ?...................BH.. (shrug)(shrug)

Ah , Question , ..I don't believe it's the platinum , nor the

silver , but ..........what is the "black" copy that is is bagged , w/ the price on the bag , , yet doesn't have the price on the actual book.... It is different than the other 20 copies that I have ?...................BH.. (shrug)(shrug)

Send that copy to me and I will make sure that it is properly disposed of.

:whistle:

Hey Tom,

I wouldn't run anymore private auctions if I were you. Why don't you give the board members first crack at your slabs? :wishluck:

BTW... I have bought loads of books from Tom. He's great. He even forgave me after I pitched a hissy fit on his azz. :sorry:

I agree. One of my favorite sellers from Ebay. Watson hissy fits. :roflmao:

Hey Tom,

I wouldn't run anymore private auctions if I were you. Why don't you give the board members first crack at your slabs? :wishluck:

BTW... I have bought loads of books from Tom. He's great. He even forgave me after I pitched a hissy fit on his azz. :sorry:

A Watson hissy fit is a difficult thing to come back from without being a changed person. sad-sorry.gif

Hey Tom,

A Watson hissy fit is a difficult thing to come back from without being a changed person. sad-sorry.gif

For some reason I can't help but think about my old Dachsund, Chester, who was bound and determined to shag that Doberman down the street. . .

Hey Tom,

For some reason I can't help but think about my old Dachsund, Chester, who was bound and determined to shag that Doberman down the street. . .

Reminiscing about an old girlfriend? medusasmileicon.gif