• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Y-Last man

27 posts in this topic

I read the first10 issues when it came out and I thought it was decent. I have been considering picking up the run or at least the TP. How was it towards the end, did it stay interesting, was it good? Is it worth picking up?

I remember thinking that it was slow moving and that they could have done alot more with the story. Great concept but would the last man alive be doing what this guy was doing. I was thinking about it the other day and I thought I read that the series ended (issue 60 I think). Thought it might be a good series to try, seems like it was popular.

diamond is soliciting the HC starting this month if you have the patience to wait. I think HC will be a nice format for this series.

diamond is soliciting the HC starting this month if you have the patience to wait. I think HC will be a nice format for this series.

It's good, but wait for the inevitable omnibus edition, if you can. Or wait for the movie (thumbs u

I enjoyed it most of the way through. I did get a bit too slow right before the end. But I really liked the issues in the 50s and the ending (made up for the slowness).

I have to agree, there is no way that the last man would not be lovin' the ladies. That's the true Y story.

Pat

I started reading it when #1 came out. I bought and read it every month until somewhere in the mid thirties and it just started getting to slow, I didn't feel like it was going anywhere. At that point I stopped buying it and sold my run.

I started reading it when #1 came out. I bought and read it every month until somewhere in the mid thirties and it just started getting to slow, I didn't feel like it was going anywhere. At that point I stopped buying it and sold my run.

Got every issue but #2. Wonder if #2 would be any cheaper now that the series has ended.

I did the same, but stuck with it for the 20 or so issues that slowed it down a bit. You should pick up the trades and read it all at once. When there's no long wait for the next issue to come out, the whole series flows better and never loses momentum.

I've only read the first trade but I own all the others except the last one. When that comes out I'll read the whole thing.

Having down this a few times (preacher, sandman, Morrison's JLA run) the idea of reading a comic story one part at a time and waiting a month between issues just seems ludicrous to me. :insane:

I just picked up the full series in TPB last night for $60 on ebay...I'm looking forward to reading it again as I'm ashamed to say that the first time was on a computer (can't fit many books in a coffin locker). Absolutlely loved it though and my girlfriend is dying to read it after flipping threw the first few pages in the LCS the other day. I mean...it's win win...I get my girl a cheap present and keep her busy with comics while I read mine (thumbs u