• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadrochs weird find

34 posts in this topic

I'm back in NY for a while,and today I drove my mother to the doctor.

After dropping her off,I hit 7-11 for a coffee and a paper.I'm driving down a side street looking for a place to park when some curbside garbage catches my eye. I make a u-turn and there sitting in three milk-crates are about 700 comics,all in bags and boarded.There is a woman in the driveway,and I ask her if they are garbage. Turns out she just rented the house and these were in an upstairs bedroom.

I wish I could say they were some great hoard of 50s ECs or even SA Marvels,but they weren't.Best of the lot seems to be a VG Batman 200,the run of Watchman,and a few post 300 Todd Mac Spideys.

Lots of Valiant,Image,90s Xcrap and the like.

The thrill of finding them is worth more than the sum of the books.

After dropping her off,I hit 7-11 for a coffee and a paper.I'm driving down a side street looking for a place to park when some curbside garbage catches my eye.

I can't get past that line. hm

After dropping her off,I hit 7-11 for a coffee and a paper.I'm driving down a side street looking for a place to park when some curbside garbage catches my eye.

:roflmao:

i thought the same thing

i thought the same thing

Why? When I'm meandering around I always keep my eyes open for stuff around me...

I also like to metal detect sometimes...well, there goes all my cred.

i thought the same thing

Hey, you never know, could have been the basis for a good steak dinner for the Shadster!!! People tend to leave a ton of meat on the bones!! :baiting:

After dropping her off,I hit 7-11 for a coffee and a paper.I'm driving down a side street looking for a place to park when some curbside garbage catches my eye. I make a u-turn and there sitting in three milk-crates are about 700 comics,all in bags and boarded.There is a woman in the driveway,and I ask her if they are garbage. Turns out she just rented the house and these were in an upstairs bedroom.

I wish I could say they were some great hoard of 50s ECs or even SA Marvels,but they weren't.Best of the lot seems to be a VG Batman 200,the run of Watchman,and a few post 300 Todd Mac Spideys.

Sweet find of 700 bags and boards! Nice!!! ;)

Sweet find of 700 bags and boards! Nice!!! ;)

Egg-Xactly.

Not to mention the three milk crates.