• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Team Wild, a comic book by Amanda Wessel.

26 posts in this topic

Long story short my autistic niece Amanda loves to draw. Today I learned she really loves to draw comic books.

Here is one of her many comic books creations. Of course feedback is most welcome as she was very excited to have people see her work.

So I present to you ,Team Wild!

Amandacoverpage.jpg

amandapage1.jpg

Amandapage2.jpg

Amandpage3.jpg

Amanda5.jpg

Amanda6.jpg

Amanda7.jpg

Amanda8.jpg

amanda9.jpg

amanda10.jpg

amanda12.jpg

amanda13.jpg

I loved it! The first appearance of Team Wild right here on the boards. Ze, you should scan these pages as some of the dialogue is cut off. Hope to see more from you, Amanda. Great cover, too!

She's incredible, Kenny!

Scan it all so we can read it. Don't leave us hanging like this. :eek:

When she has her own comic series, make sure we get a "CGC Board Exclusive" variant.

Sketches and Sig Series would be nice on each issue, too. :foryou:

She has talent. (worship)

Wow! :applause: What a surprise. She's got style, that's for sure.

Someone with inking skills should give Amanda's pencils the pro-treatment. (thumbs u

I agree this deserves to be inked :headbang:

Wow! :applause: What a surprise. She's got style, that's for sure.

Someone with inking skills should give Amanda's pencils the pro-treatment. (thumbs u

I agree this deserves to be inked :headbang:

I might know someone that could do a page or two. hm

Thanks for the kind words everybody, I will pass them along to Amanda. She will be most excited to read your comments. I will also ask her is she would mind me mailing it out to get inked(if there are still offers to do so)

Sorry about the cut off dialog I was reticent to take the book apart because I know she is very particular about her things and didn't want to accidently make a boo boo by re stapling it. I would have disclosed it though! :D

In her mind she wants to work in comic books, get them published and such..which brings up the question of where can she go with this raw talent? As I mentioned earlier she is autistic, but not overly so. Very focused, quiet and needs structure in a controlled environment. I was going to post her picture so you could put a face with the work,she would not care.. but we all know this internet place can be creepy at times.

What is funny is I knew all along she could draw, but only yesterday because of my daughter did I learn just how well. Amanda normally does not even let her mother(my sister) see her work. Leave it to my daughter to get Amanda to open up her world and allow everyone to see her work. While visiting my sister yesterday, Ellen and Amanda were in her room for hours and when we were getting ready to go I went upstairs to collect Ellen and saw all the drawings and home made comic books spread all over the floor. I reached down to pick up Team Wild and Amanda kinda froze.. but Ellen jumped in and started showing me the book. I then explained to Amanda that I collect comic books and asked if I could show it to my comic book friends online. She lit up,all smiles and was VERY excited to think her work would be online.

I know budding comic artists are a dime a dozen, but Amanda's vision seems unique, even refreshing. So who knows, maybe I can get her comic "published" afterall. Even if only on a very minor level.

I posted the rest of the story above for those who want to see how it ended.

Also here is one of dozens of bio drawing sheets she has made. I honestly do not know if all this material is from another source she has read and copied it, or if it is all made up in her mind. Either way, it's very interesting.

Amandabios1.jpg

And a 1 page story(one of dozens)

Amanda1.jpg