• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay Sellers: Problems regarding shipping outside the US

100 posts in this topic

Why not order some hash from the Netherlands (also in the EU) then, I can ALMOST guarantee the post office won't inspect your mail for drugs and you just might get away with it.

Or how about going out on the street and making some pro-Nazi public announcements, I will ALMOST guarantee that no authorities will hear it an you won't be in trouble.

never heard a much stupider comparison than that. this has nothing to do with the topic. i think you are low on arguments. lol

I cruise these boards for Rhetoric lessons.

wow, you are a really nice board member. thanks for making fun of me because i make some errors with a foreign language. can you even speak a foreign language which you not learned from your parents? probably not, as most of the US people who didn't grow up bilingual.

One, if you're going to call someone STUPID, do it intelligently and with proper grammar.

Two, when you come on here with an attitude attacking people for following a law that ends up costing you a couple of dollars, don't expect to be treated like a conquering hero.

Third, don't assume things about people when you don't know them. For all you know I'm a luinguist from Austria, I own the MacDonalds you work at, and am about to have you fired tomorrow morning.

you are only talking shi*. you know that. and i haven't attacked any people here, we were talking about a topic until you came along, and attacked and insulted me you ARSCHLOCH. translate that george bush!!!

One, if you're going to call someone STUPID, do it intelligently and with proper grammar.

For all you know I'm a luinguist from Austria, I own the MacDonalds you work at, and am about to have you fired tomorrow morning.

It's McDonalds not MacDonalds :gossip:

For all you know I'm a luinguist from Austria, I own the MacDonalds you work at, and am about to have you fired tomorrow morning.

thanks chromium my friend, i haven't noticed that. hahahahahaha :roflmao:

PWNED!! :roflmao:

And WTF is a "luinguist"? (shrug) Is it what we call a "linguist"?

thanks chromium my friend, i haven't noticed that. hahahahahaha :roflmao:

Don't thank me yet, I still have to get round to correcting your

-ups :baiting:

doh! One guy inappropriately attacking a foreigner for poor English, and butchering the language in the process. lol

You got me; I don't really own (or frequent) one.

doh! One guy inappropriately attacking a foreigner for poor English, and butchering the language in the process. lol

read the thread again. My point was you don't argue someone is "stupid" using grammar and rhetoric worthy of the 3 Stooges, regardless of where you're from.

And typos are not "butchering the language."

If they won't do it then I just have the book shipped to a board member in the US and have them routed to me at a later date. :whistle:

Interesting idea...I might look into that hm

Only way to go, just make sure that all the invoices are mailed separately or trashed before the package goes out. ;)

As far as I'm concerned there is no harm in asking if a seller can ship a book with a nominal value. I never ask for it to be declared as a "gift" but most guys don't have a problem declaring a package with a value of $20. It sure does save me one big hassle. If they won't do it then I just have the book shipped to a board member in the US and have them routed to me at a later date. :whistle:

yes, that's a really good option if you have somebody who is willing to do that for you.

Your new on these boards, so was I at one point but have been doing it for years now. "Austrian eh", "Throw another shrimp on the barbie". lol (thumbs u

This problem just surfaced today:

An auction won by a nice new Customer from DENMARK - he won the ASM # 4 from me approx. May 24th - I shipped via the Paypal Express International option drop-down menu;

I did not instruct my Daughter properly so everything that went wrong IS and ONLY my fault and responsibility - I am responsible period - but the point here is that his package did NOT get shipped within the three( 3) day window period.

Now I had to crawl back to PayPal on my hands and knees and ask them to apply for the Postage refund. Because it is Express International, the USPS will soley decide if I am allowed a "one-time" repreive and refund me the high ship costs. The PayPal Customer Service Rep was extremely helpful( PayPal is the MOST improved company as far as Customer Service) but she also was honest enough to tell me that I will PROBABLY NOT get the "one time repreive" because of the level of items I ship/other criterion that PayPal/eBay feels I am at a certain level. In some way they would be right - I KNOW BETTER and should have taken care of all of these things before my Hospital stay but CAL being CAL I thought I could squeeze everything in and pushed everything to the max until the mess i have been cleaning up since my return home.

I want to keep most International Customers that do NOT whine about the Express Int'l shipping - so I might have to eat this one but a lesson learned:

INT"L shipping you MUST take care of it asap. No monkeying around.

CAL the stupid monkey :banana:

read the thread again. My point was you don't argue someone is "stupid" using grammar and rhetoric worthy of the 3 Stooges, regardless of where you're from.

haha, he's coming back. yes you do argue someone is "stupid" even if it's in a foreign language, becaus stupidity has nothing to do with the language. i can speak and write in another language, you can't. so who is the stupid one?

haha, he's coming back. yes you do argue someone is "stupid" even if it's in a foreign language, becaus stupidity has nothing to do with the language. i can speak and write in another language, you can't. so who is the stupid one?

Tu es bete, sans doute.

If you're going to attack board members here, question their logic, and call them stupid, don't do it in a manner that makes you look stupid. And not many people are falling for your pity "poor me being attacked by the Ugly American" plea. A bad argument can be engaged on here with civility, but if you resort to calling someone's points stupid, and do it in a comical manner as you did, get ready for some mess.

BTW, I don't speak any Teutonic language, but I would be damn sure I spoke and wrote German well before I'd go on a Austrian chat board and stir up mess and call people stupid.

Ok so here's my situation. I ran off three auctions, two CGC and one 560 lot of Valiants. I decide to open to Canadian bidders for the CGC and make the Valiant lot USA only. But of course I'm using the same template for selling the Valiant lot. So even though I write USA Only on the bottom of the Valiant auction, the template I used still makes it possible for Canadians to bid on it. My bad for not modifying that, an honest mistake. Anyway, much to my dismay, of course a Canadian wins the Valiant lot. So now I'm in the position where I have to tell the guy that shipping will cost 185$, or he can decline the sale. He writes me back suggesting that I stuff everything into two long boxes I can ship for 70$ a box. I write him back telling him essentially, no way, not possible, won't fit. So then I figure if I rebox one long and one short into a larger box, and send two packages that way, and also print out the shipping labels online, I can get it down to 170$. I let him know and resend the invoice. To this point, silence is the reply. By the way, his ebay ID is actually: dontoverchargemyshipping.

Possible morals:

1) Don't forget to block foreign bidders if you don't want to ship to foriegn countries, no matter what is written in the auction itself, or how big and noticable it is written.

2)Selling anything to countries outside the USA is nothing but trouble.

I am now a feedback hostage, based on this error-we will see how it turns out.

Possible morals:

I agree (thumbs u

Asia's crowded and Europe's too old

Africa is far too hot

And Canada's too cold

And South America stole our name

Let's drop the big one

There'll be no one left to blame us

We'll save Australia

Don't wanna hurt no kangaroo

We'll build an All American amusement park there

They got surfin', too

Possible morals:

I agree (thumbs u

Asia's crowded and Europe's too old

Africa is far too hot

And Canada's too cold

And South America stole our name

Let's drop the big one

There'll be no one left to blame us

We'll save Australia

Don't wanna hurt no kangaroo

We'll build an All American amusement park there

They got surfin', too

Xenophobe