• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Mods, Can We Get Redhook Reinstated?

354 posts in this topic

No secret agenda or conspirecy theory there Roy. I like the guy. I have met him and think he is a pretty good individual (shrug)

Nik, you know I like you man, but have you read this?

Unfortunately this is all about Cap N Mandi, who he has had since November. When I asked him to mail them back to me Brad told me he is holding them hostage until he is reinstated here for 6 months and he is blocking my attempts to contact him further.

The whole thing is sad really, Brad can come or go, makes no difference to me. He needs to just mail me that which is mine so Cap N Mandi can continue their travels.

We are adults here last time I checked, right? \(shrug\)

Enjoy your 15 minutes of drama Brad.

:screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy:doh!

Exactly my thoughts JC. I like Brad on a personal level too -- but this is plain stupid and childish, and exactly the type of thinking that got him banned in the first place. And yes, if he were sitting right here, I would tell him the same thing. He's being a child.

What ? Why was he banned again ?

Scammers,shills, and the likes of I vote no.

Insights and helpfulness are great. Scamming people is bad.

not trying to influence you one way or another, but JC's comment; "For using the boards to run a scam on another member", is both inaccurate and seriously lacking in perspective. :o

The Mod's gave a very in depth explanation of why he was given a third strike for this incident;

"Normally no moderation action is taken for issues that aren't problems directly on the boards. This is because it is not moderation's job to sleuth around the internet verifying the fact that evidence of shadiness. It is also not reasonable to expect to be able to do it accurately and without consuming ridiculous amounts of time sorting out he-said she-said garbage.

Occasionally it becomes clear that whatever the off-board issues are, the boards become the cross roads for the dispute. At that point it becomes a board problem, whatever the beginnings, as it mires the community and the board content in the swamp. This is obviously one of those cases."

Somewhat surprisingly, The Banning came a month later with little aditional commentary.

And the parallels to the Movie "The Sting" are somewhat evident in this case; who didn't root for Newman and Redford against Robert Shaw (who was one mean a-hole) despite the fact that their methods were less than exemplary??? Goonchild had done some pretty petty stuff up to this point. (Rubbing another members nose in the fact that he had decided to collect the same pedigree and began to snipe those books at auction despite a gentleman's agreement, shilling his own auctions, knowingly selling a book that both he and GCG knew to be incorrectly in a blue label......)

I never condoned Brad's "Sting" but found it hard to condemn the perpetrator given all the facts...

Harry,

The problem is that when you hold yourself up to this ultimately higher standard of ethics that Brad always trumpeted he represented, you can't go and engage in the very activity you want to prevent, whether it's to catch a "criminal" or to "right a wrong".

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Lets be honest.

Its not what he did that bothered forumites but whom he chose to help him, nothing more than that. If it was anyone else, most likely it would have been a none issue.

Harry,

The problem is that when you hold yourself up to this ultimately higher standard of ethics that Brad always trumpeted he represented, you can't go and engage in the very activity you want to prevent, whether it's to catch a "criminal" or to "right a wrong".

You are a lawyer so you are used to remaining calm :baiting:

And the parallels to the Movie "The Sting" are somewhat evident in this case; who didn't root for Newman and Redford against Robert Shaw

So Redhook is Redford and Dad&SeesSononWeekends is Newman? I think you need glasses. lol

Plus, I've always loved the old "it's totally alright to commit a grievous crime... as long as the victim is a SOB" argument - never ceases to amaze me how many people actually believe that. :screwy:

Harry,

You are a lawyer so you are used to remaining calm :baiting:

Actually, a clear head and a cool demeanor will carry you much further in court than being a hot head.

The bottom line is that Brad, after the fact, saw nothing wrong with what he did. And ultimately, this nonsense with Cap n' Mandi is still further evidence that he has not understood his actions nor should he ever be reinstated.

Lets be honest.

Its not what he did that bothered forumites but whom he chose to help him, nothing more than that. If it was anyone else, most likely it would have been a none issue.

Sorry but not true. His actions were sad and embarassing. Even without the D&S connection. That just threw cow dung on an already rancid act.

This has got to stop, I am sick of it.

Brad just emailed me and called me a lier. If I misunderstood his email to me in repsonse to me asking him to mail Cap N Mandi to me then I am sorry.

Here is Brads email and his recent response 5 miutes ago. I will let everyone decide for themselves what to make of it and leave it alone. And while I dont like posting emails from people i want to get this out in the open once and for all and be done with it.

Brads reply to me last night after I asked him to mail back Cap n Mandi

I've decided not to take any action one way or the other on this

matter until I am reinstated on the CGC Boards for a period of six

months. Please don't contact me again,

or use others as go-betweens. Give it up. I will set my mail program

to automatically send your emails to the trash.

And an email I got 5 minutes ago

I never said I was holding anything hostage. Try the truth for a

change. Scumbag.

People react differently when their buttons are pushed. Right or wrong, its human nature.

Not a good eg but

You come home and see your kid being pummeled by someone, you call the cops calmly or beat the hell of that person without ever thinking of the consequences from your reaction.

By the way, Brad and Kenny used to be very good friends. Kenny stayed at Brad's house during one of the NY shows...

I find it very disturbing to see Brad call Kenny a "scumbag". And what this all has to do with is an irrational distaste for Matt and Kenny's association with him.

Again... it's all about where I think Brad's head is right now... and clearly not ready to come back to these boards.

Harry,

Brian, that is too "pat" a statement. there are exceptions to everything. If we could collectively find a way to take down Hammer for a bundle (as he has likely done to countless hobbyists over the years) and donate it to HERO or somesuch, you'd be telling me that "the ends don't justify the means"????

I'm not condoning what Brad did, but i get it................ :sumo:

This latest thing with Cap 'n Mandi is bewildering, to say the least, but i'll get the other side to the story...

People react differently when their buttons are pushed. Right or wrong, its human nature.

Not a good eg but

You come home and see your kid being pummeled by someone, you call the cops calmly or beat the hell of that person without ever thinking of the consequences from your reaction.

that analogy is far from perfect Nik. One is protecting the safety and well beign of someone's life... the other is situation where Brad had a bazillion other options. He obviously had the time to think about his actions before he made them... it's a not a gut spur of the moment decision where someone is in danger or you catch your wife cheating.

This was pre meditated

Lets be honest.

Sorry but not true. His actions were sad and embarassing. Even without the D&S connection. That just threw cow dung on an already rancid act.

You Americans are just too passive :baiting:

Well, that example would be appropriate if Red's son were being beat up by Goon.

But we're talking about a stupid funny book forum spat, where Red then chose join a previously-banned member to commit fraud and "pay back" Goonchild.

Plus, you beat up a kid and you still get arrested, and probably sued by his parents.

Harry,

Brian, that is too "pat" a statement. there are exceptions to everything. If we could collectively find a way to take down Hammer for a bundle (as he has likely done to countless hobbyists over the years) and donate it to HERO or somesuch, you'd be telling me that "the ends don't justify the means"????

I'm not condoning what Brad did, but i get it................ :sumo:

This latest thing with Cap 'n Mandi is bewildering, to say the least, but i'll get the other side to the story...

No, I would not justify illegal means to take down hammer or anyone else, regardless of who the beneficiary of such proceeds might be. You can't be against an unethical practice and then say, it's okay so long as the victim is someone you don't like or who is a criminal.

I have nothing personal against Brad. I thought he had great input around here as almsot everyone does...but I would not allow some into my home if they had a severe anger problem (or whatever is going on here).

I think I have some idea of what Brad feels but that would not give anyone a reason to become venemous. I've been attacked by board members and never had to resort to name calling (unless it was for a laugh).

I say any body with an online rage issue needs to be moderated...no matter who it is.

Arch, can we have greggy banned again?

And an email I got 5 minutes ago

I never said I was holding anything hostage. Try the truth for a

change. Scumbag.

lol, it's so funny that he's on here right now, reading this.