• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

Remember what happened to the CL#25 6.0 that went to 7.5 highest graded?

Do we know for a fact that's what happened? If so, how?

I thought someone pointed out the 6.0 was never on the cgc census due to a misspelling on the label. It is in the census, but under the misspelling. The 7.5 is a different book.

Right. The 6.0 is on the census under "Cindrella Love," which is the misspelling on the label.

Has this just gone up? I didn't notice it earlier.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121410&lotIdNo=42006

I didn't notice it either. Is there a way easily to distinguish the original from the reprint?

for one thing the originals are always in krappy condition and the reprints are perfect, (except for mine that got water on it).

jtomlinson

bakerfan

serpii

you

me

There might have been one or two others, I forget.

I think comixnoir fits in there somewhere as well.

Hey, what about me? I started this thread. :hi:

jtomlinson

bakerfan

serpii

you

me

Yeah, well... what have you done for us lately? :taptaptap:

jtomlinson

bakerfan

serpii

you

me

Yeah, well... what have you done for us lately? :taptaptap:

I haven't bid up any Baker books, so you all got them cheaper. :grin:

At one point I had the goal of completing the St. John Baker romance run but now I just like to see what's happening. I think the most difficult is to acquire the original art. This is crazy. I'm glad I got in when I did as I wouldn't have the collection I do now. If I would have started now, I would have been painfully frustrated. lol. The most difficult issues for me were (are) The Diary Secrets Giant NN and the All Picture All True Love Story 1. Although I had the chance to bid on the APATLS 1 when it was on ebay, I decided to pass it by. I guess this just makes me happy with what I have.

I'd also like to say that the All Picture All True Police Cases 2 is very difficult to get as well.

I do think I see a lot less Bakers on ebay then a few years ago. Is this the case at conventions too?

At one point I had the goal of completing the St. John Baker romance run but now I just like to see what's happening. I think the most difficult is to acquire the original art. This is crazy. I'm glad I got in when I did as I wouldn't have the collection I do now. If I would have started now, I would have been painfully frustrated. lol. The most difficult issues for me were (are) The Diary Secrets Giant NN and the All Picture All True Love Story 1. Although I had the chance to bid on the APATLS 1 when it was on ebay, I decided to pass it by. I guess this just makes me happy with what I have.

I'd also like to say that the All Picture All True Police Cases 2 is very difficult to get as well.

I do think I see a lot less Bakers on ebay then a few years ago. Is this the case at conventions too?

I know you meant to say APATLS 2, because I know you've got that nice CGC copy of APATLS 1. You still have it, right?

but but but

you're a ... GIRL

A girl? Eeewwwww!

yeh, but she does knows the secret password...and she did start the club...she's like Darla! except she collects comics too! <3

heman_zpsc5e65b90.jpg

I know you meant to say APATLS 2, because I know you've got that nice CGC copy of APATLS 1. You still have it, right?

Yes, sorry about that one, old age is getting me :)

but but but

you're a ... GIRL

A girl? Eeewwwww!

yeh, but she does knows the secret password...and she did start the club...she's like Darla! except she collects comics too! <3

heman_zpsc5e65b90.jpg

Who would ever have thought this thread would be so popular? Baker is timeless.

I was trying to find like mad a group shot of my very favorite Baker acquisition but I think it may just be long gone. I went to an auction a few years back and hidden in the midst was a Baker collectors dream, a long box with many Baker romance comics in it. This was truly my key find. Now I'm sad I can't find the picture I took of the collection. I sold off a bunch of the extras which basically paid for the ones I kept. If I do find it, I'll post the group shot.

Oh and yes, I've still got it. :)

Yes, sorry about that one, old age is getting me :)

but but but

you're a ... GIRL

A girl? Eeewwwww!

heman_zpsc5e65b90.jpg

Who would ever have thought this thread would be so popular? Baker is timeless.

Who would have believed there wasn't already a Baker thread, before you started this one?