• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

jtomlinson

bakerfan

serpii

you

me

There might have been one or two others, I forget.

I think comixnoir fits in there somewhere as well.

Hey, what about me? I started this thread. :hi:

Well, I had to find a way to get you posting again.

And by the way, chaps, Joanna's a British woman. So there.

Jo, I figured you gave up on us 'cos you'd completed your Bakers and ridden on into the sunset a we Brits do.

Perfectly lovely to have you back with us darling.

(Now no farting in class boys, there is a lady present.)

Need any help opening doors?

:hi:

You are very good, yes my heritage is British (was born there too) but I've spent most of my life in the USA. I wonder if there is actually someone who has every single Baker romance copy and not just missing an issue or two. Thanks:)

I have a feeling no one does. I wonder if Crippen came closest? It appears that he had a larger collection of Baker romance than did Church.

At any rate, my goal is to collect every Baker romance, as well as somewhat related books, such as the CI Lorna Doone, and the APCs (and related books). I'm counting the APC books as romance because he typically drew a woman prominently on the cover.

To this point, I'm about 75% there ... but the remaining 25% contains most of the tough books. :cry:

Thanks very much for starting this great thread! :foryou:

And why not? Teen-Age Temptations is almost a transitional phase between APC and the other St. John romance books. Many TAT covers, and cover stories, would've worked just fine as APC covers/stories, especially TAT 1, 3, 5, 7, and 8 (which is more than half the run).

Picked up this hole filler for a mere six times guide. Kinda of a tough one, I think, with no copies on the census. The cover is Baker, right? hm

173ajpg-original_zps8b7f3b9b.jpeg

Also picked up this one from boardie Boot, via eBay. She's one of the three gals on the front cover of the Art of Glamour book.

wartimeromances17a_zps263da31c.jpg

DS 11 is certainly a Baker cover. An uncommon issue, too.

Nice little haul! (thumbs u

Thanks.

The checklist in the Art of Glamour book doesn't attribute the cover to Baker. The main panel is in an unusual style. The two smaller panels -- particularly the bottom one -- seem more clearly Baker to me.

Thanks.

The checklist in the Art of Glamour book doesn't attribute the cover to Baker. The main panel is in an unusual style. The two smaller panels -- particularly the bottom one -- seem more clearly Baker to me.

The main drawing was done on textured board, which Baker did one other time. My copy would be high grade if not for a small splash of paint on the cover.

Thanks.

The main drawing was done on textured board, which Baker did one other time. My copy would be high grade if not for a small splash of paint on the cover.

DS 12? 13?

Thanks.

DS 12? 13?

You're right it's both 12&13. I have a 12, but I need a 13.

Picked up this hole filler for a mere six times guide. Kinda of a tough one, I think, with no copies on the census. The cover is Baker, right? hm

173ajpg-original_zps8b7f3b9b.jpeg

Also picked up this one from boardie Boot, via eBay. She's one of the three gals on the front cover of the Art of Glamour book.

wartimeromances17a_zps263da31c.jpg

So...you're the person with body odor...b***o on eBay. :roflmao: Nice, you outbid me by $15, but I wasn't willing to go any higher on that WR 17 since I already have one...hope it looks good when you get it. It's my favorite cover...

Edited by tricolorbrian

So...you're the person with body odor...b***o on eBay. :roflmao: Nice, you outbid me by $15, but I wasn't willing to go any higher on that WR 17 since I already have one...hope it looks good when you get it. It's my favorite cover...

Still looking for that elusive -- and expensive! -- WTR 3.

Mine is detached from the spine and I somehow think this will be the copy I keep as I'm quite sure to upgrade could set me back multiple hundreds.

Mine is detached from the spine and I somehow think this will be the copy I keep as I'm quite sure to upgrade could set me back multiple hundreds.

Don't mean to rub it in, but here's my copy again.

wartimeeomances3.jpg

wartimeeomances3.jpg

:applause:

wartimeeomances3.jpg

Feel free to rub it in. It's always great to see nice copies of Baker books! :D

Well, they're here.

TeenageTemptations2CGC_zps138087af.jpg

TrueLovePictorial11_zps07d29052.jpg

White page St John books! Not something you see every day.

I was totally tempted to buy that TT2 but I held back. :)

They're not anywhere close to me :slapfight:

Well, they're here.

TeenageTemptations2CGC_zps138087af.jpg

Lovely books! :cloud9: