• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

Did anyone see this? I know at least one of you did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111288401975&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:CA:3160

Happy to already own one.

Holy rat cakes!!!

:o

Somebody really wanted that one! (Of course, TAR 12 is practically as scarce as issue 9, which routinely sells for a lot more than that... )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111288401975&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:CA:3160

Holy rat cakes!!!

Somebody really wanted that one! (Of course, TAR 12 is practically as scarce as issue 9, which routinely sells for a lot more than that... )

I know, it's a tough one. That's why I was so happy to find a copy in a dealer's bin for $50.00 several years ago.

Holy rat cakes!!!

I know, it's a tough one. That's why I was so happy to find a copy in a dealer's bin for $50.00 several years ago.

I know, right? My VGish copy was $75. from James Payette, about 5 years ago. I was happy about it then... I'm thrilled about it, now!

Who wouldn't scoop that up for fifty bucks?

I sure would!

The one last night was definitely a beater. Although the seller said the cover was attached, the bottom staple sure looked popped. I thought I had a shot at it but, the winner definitely wanted it more! The winner was someone other than the high-fb person who has been swooping in on a lot of Bakers recently.

Enjoying this thread. Wonder how the Baker collectors value the photo cover issues? Some contain very interesting stories, for example:

DS_nn_zps527f4363.jpg

I like 'em but -- except for the couple that are scarce -- they seem to sell at a discount. I have a feeling that some people pass over them and collect only the books with Baker covers.

Comics are a line drawn medium, as compared to magazines let's say. So in my mind it's only natural that the photo covers get discounted, depending on the nature of the image. And in a genre like romance, the photos make up at least 1/4 of the full total, so they're not a memorable departure from the norm either.

Now if it's a particularly standout cover, that's different. But none of the St. John photos are risque, outrageous, hilarious, weird, etc. Only one commands a real premium, because it's Marilyn. Now if you had one of those... :baiting:

I don't think there was any Baker involvement in this cover.

Our man, or no? hm

FRONT_zps5810d693.jpg

Comics are a line drawn medium, as compared to magazines let's say. So in my mind it's only natural that the photo covers get discounted, depending on the nature of the image. And in a genre like romance, the photos make up at least 1/4 of the full total, so they're not a memorable departure from the norm either.

Now if it's a particularly standout cover, that's different. But none of the St. John photos are risque, outrageous, hilarious, weird, etc. Only one commands a real premium, because it's Marilyn. Now if you had one of those... :baiting:

Ah, such a difficult book. How is it possible to track down such rarities? hm