• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,554 posts in this topic

Geez, I go away for 3 days and this thread just exploads...you people are crazy...this is just funny books with good looking women on the covers...not the stock market...whoa...

I need a vacation from Baker-mania now... lol

Oh, and now my sig line is out of order...why does it do that? I had those books the way i wanted them and now it's changed the presenting order... :sorry: Maybe it has a virus...maybe this post has nothing to do with the topic either... (shrug)

Edited by tricolorbrian

jtomlinson

bakerfan

serpii

you

me

There might have been one or two others, I forget.

I think comixnoir fits in there somewhere as well.

Hey, what about me? I started this thread. :hi:

Well, I had to find a way to get you posting again.

And by the way, chaps, Joanna's a British woman. So there.

Jo, I figured you gave up on us 'cos you'd completed your Bakers and ridden on into the sunset a we Brits do.

Perfectly lovely to have you back with us darling.

(Now no farting in class boys, there is a lady present.)

Need any help opening doors?

I didn't even know there was a password. (What's the password?) :gossip:

I used to know, but I've forgotten.

374px-Bakerstjohnarcher_zps0b58839f.jpg

The answer is there for all to see, hidden in plain sight. Archer St John himself is directing our attention to it. The password?

"loafer"

It was the only type of shoe that the stylish Matt Baker would wear!

Posted elsewhere, but belongs here. One of the "good" Crippens. Database enthusiasts will know that the correct title for this book is: Teen-Age Diary Secrets #7. We'll just put this one in the "Cindrella" Love column. Bad CGC!! (tsk)

DiarySecrets07fc100_zpsc59b7479.jpg

I didn't even know there was a password. (What's the password?) :gossip:

I used to know, but I've forgotten.

374px-Bakerstjohnarcher_zps0b58839f.jpg

The answer is there for all to see, hidden in plain sight. Archer St John himself is directing our attention to it. The password?

"loafer"

It was the only type of shoe that the stylish Matt Baker would wear!

Given how hard he worked, he probably didn't want to waste time tying his shoes!

Apparently, that's the only known photo of Archer St. John.

Posted elsewhere, but belongs here. One of the "good" Crippens. Database enthusiasts will know that the correct title for this book is: Teen-Age Diary Secrets #7. We'll just put this one in the "Cindrella" Love column. Bad CGC!! (tsk)

DiarySecrets07fc100_zpsc59b7479.jpg

Nice one! I was lucky to pick up the raw copy Dale Roberts was selling. It's not a 9.2, though.

Geez, I go away for 3 days and this thread just exploads...you people are crazy...this is just funny books with good looking women on the covers...not the stock market...whoa...

Oh, and now my sig line is out of order...why does it do that? I had those books the way i wanted them and now it's changed the presenting order... :sorry: Maybe it has a virus...maybe this post has nothing to do with the topic either... (shrug)

No idea how sig lines work. Possible it's set to show the books in random order? hm

I posted these in the "rarest romance comics" thread, but I guess they'd be equally at home here...

These are Australian reprints of St. John stories. Black and white. I know next to nothing about the series, itself. I'm assuming there were at least 29 issues, since that is the issue number of the latest one. (How about a tough run to complete? I've only seen these two, and another one on eBay that I missed out on.)

(Edit: Correction, the one I missed is the 29. The other issue I have is number 7, which reprints the cover and most of interior of the US Teen-Age Romances 18.)

AussieTAR06_zps258634b5.jpg

AussieTAR29_zpsb6e27965.jpg

Edited by 29dukedog

jtomlinson

bakerfan

serpii

you

me

Jo, I figured you gave up on us 'cos you'd completed your Bakers and ridden on into the sunset a we Brits do.

:hi:

You are very good, yes my heritage is British (was born there too) but I've spent most of my life in the USA. I wonder if there is actually someone who has every single Baker romance copy and not just missing an issue or two. Thanks:)

jtomlinson

bakerfan

serpii

you

me

:hi:

You are very good, yes my heritage is British (was born there too) but I've spent most of my life in the USA. I wonder if there is actually someone who has every single Baker romance copy and not just missing an issue or two. Thanks:)

I have a feeling no one does. I wonder if Crippen came closest? It appears that he had a larger collection of Baker romance than did Church.

At any rate, my goal is to collect every Baker romance, as well as somewhat related books, such as the CI Lorna Doone, and the APCs (and related books). I'm counting the APC books as romance because he typically drew a woman prominently on the cover.

To this point, I'm about 75% there ... but the remaining 25% contains most of the tough books. :cry:

Thanks very much for starting this great thread! :foryou:

I posted these in the "rarest romance comics" thread, but I guess they'd be equally at home here...

These are Australian reprints of St. John stories. Black and white. I know next to nothing about the series, itself. I'm assuming there were at least 29 issues, since that is the issue number of the latest one. (How about a tough run to complete? I've only seen these two, and another one on eBay that I missed out on.)

(Edit: Correction, the one I missed is the 29. The other issue I have is number 7, which reprints the cover and most of interior of the US Teen-Age Romances 18.)

Wait, don't tell me I've got to collect those, too! :pullhair:

You have to collect those too. And there might be British ones a well.

And Canadian? hm

And Canadian? hm

And possibly new Zealand as well, though I don't know it for a fact. They would make the Australian ones look common.

No idea how sig lines work. Possible it's set to show the books in random order? hm

It's working correctly now. It just gets out of sinc once in awhile and sticks the Contact 12 in my Baker line...weird. OK, now back to the stock market and how it relates to loafers and foreign comics that have weird price markings on them...

Edited by tricolorbrian

And Canadian? hm

8Ds are New Zealand/Australia and 6Ds are UK....

there is a Worlds Finest 71 from both countries same cover with different prices to note the difference 1954

And Canadian? hm

And possibly new Zealand as well, though I don't know it for a fact. They would make the Australian ones look common.

My life's work has been handed to me! :D