• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,797 posts in this topic

I'm wondering how high that Seven Seas 4 CGC 8.5 in the next HA sig is going to go. Might be a record setter for romance.

Already over $10k. :o

Yowza! So already a record, I think. I can't recall another Baker going for more than $10K.

This is the same copy that was offered in Chicago 3 years ago from a fellow boardie for $10K. It eventually sold for a bit less. I seriously thought of picking it up then, thinking it would be worth that, or more, eventually. But I backed away.

I'm wondering how high that Seven Seas 4 CGC 8.5 in the next HA sig is going to go. Might be a record setter for romance.

Yowza! So already a record, I think. I can't recall another Baker going for more than $10K.

This is the same copy that was offered in Chicago 3 years ago from a fellow boardie for $10K. It eventually sold for a bit less. I seriously thought of picking it up then, thinking it would be worth that, or more, eventually. But I backed away.

Didn't a 9.0 pop up on eBay a few years ago with what at the time seemed like an outrageous BIN? I wish I could remember the details on that one. I think the BIN was well below $10K.

I guess that depends on what you believe about Phantom Lady 17 (shrug)

Good point, although I'm in the skeptic camp on Baker having done that cover.

Didn't a 9.0 pop up on eBay a few years ago with what at the time seemed like an outrageous BIN? I wish I could remember the details on that one. I think the BIN was well below $10K.

I think this was one of the first scans that I posted on the boards.

I like it but I think Exciting 60 is just about as good.

20184282120_657658de59_b.jpg

Beautiful copy. Just curious, but is that a crack on the back of the case? In the upper-left corner, where the CGC label is... I can't tell if it's a cracked case, or some sort of scanning remnant.

Beautiful copy. Just curious, but is that a crack on the back of the case? In the upper-left corner, where the CGC label is... I can't tell if it's a cracked case, or some sort of scanning remnant.

Might be a crack. Since they changed their way of allowing you to enlarge the scans, I can't really zero in on a specific spot anymore.

I was too and then I saw the fingers on a Vooda cover that was definitely a Baker.

I was too and then I saw the fingers on a Vooda cover that was definitely a Baker.

I think its a Baker

I think its a Baker

I think it is a candlestick maker.

Haha on "candlestick maker". I love Baker's work and I am not sure who did PL 17 (this topic has been covered ad nauseum in other threads) but it's not my favorite. If it is a Baker though, it is his most expensive and iconic, although I like so many others better. Seven Seas aren't my favorites either. :sorry:

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

So ... if you have an image in PhotoBucket, it looks like the image is too big to post if you drag it to the desktop.  

My dear Sqeggs, use the "Insert other media" dropdown in the lower right and then paste the URL as on the old boards.

Thanks, I should have thought of that. doh!

No worries. :foryou:

Edited by Sqeggs
Typo

15 minutes ago, tricolorbrian said:

OK, I do not like this new board, or the fact that pics need to be only 450kb.  Looks like i will not be showing any more pics, as i am not going to resize my pics just for this board.  Who thought of this garbage anyway?  I'm pissed...

Click on the "Insert other media" dropdown on the lower right.  Then click on "Insert image from URL" and paste in the URL.  Works just like on the old board, with no resizing needed.

23 minutes ago, tricolorbrian said:

OK, I do not like this new board, or the fact that pics need to be only 450kb.  Looks like i will not be showing any more pics, as i am not going to resize my pics just for this board.  Who thought of this garbage anyway?  I'm pissed...

Everything I have posted from my bucket has worked just like it always has (copy/paste)

But nobody wants to see our junk anyway...