• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

And this one is one of my favorite Baker covers!

comauthpolicecases8_zpsnitdtmxr.jpg

I have a nice looking low to mid grade copy of this one- great, great cover, it reminds me of the scarce rebound giant All-True All-Picture Police Cases #2 (cops busting in the door on a crime involving a hot babe in distress).

Unfortunately, this issue also reminds me of a great copy that I foolishly let get away... remember the eBay seller Timelydc? About ten years ago, he had the highest graded copy, a 9.2 in an old label slab, and he put it on eBay with a BIN of $100. And I didn't buy it. (I think, at the time, I had yet to move into the non-romance Baker/St. Johns). But even harder to believe, nobody else bought it, the first time around. I think he relisted it and it did sell. Jeez, why didn't I have the sense to snatch that one up?

I guess $100.00 was a lot for an APC 10 years ago. I would have jumped on it as I've always liked this cover. A low grade copy with a missing cf just failed to sell on ebay for $50.00.

I saw that. Somebody actually did pull the trigger on it, when he first listed it a little over a week ago... but then it got listed again, two days later. Makes me think somebody bought it before reading the description and learning the cf is missing.

Looking through my discs, on which I compulsively saved comic scans I found, I discovered that I did save the seller's scan of that book, at least...

(Anyone know where this book currently resides?)

apc8cgc_zps3ht0mkyd.jpg

Looking through my discs, on which I compulsively saved comic scans I found, I discovered that I did save the seller's scan of that book, at least...

apc8cgc_zps3ht0mkyd.jpg

One of the toughest in grade. And that aqua background usually fades. The ebay copy had nice colours.

apc8cgc_zps3ht0mkyd.jpg

Gorgeous book, just wow.

Here is a copy I picked up several years ago from a local collector.

photo APC 8_zpses6nba1e.jpg

Very nice copy. I think mine is a VGish copy that I picked up on eBay a couple of years ago. Don't recall a higher grade copy being offered since.

I have found that the APCs' are some what difficult to find in upper grades. Most of my later issues are mostly low grades. This one I picked from Harley a while back.

photo AUTHPOLICE24_zps328c88af.jpg

Have a nice copy of this one. Can't remember why the heck I took a picture of it on the bed. :D

IMG_0026_zps57010056.jpg

I have found that the APCs' are some what difficult to find in upper grades. Most of my later issues are mostly low grades. This one I picked from Harley a while back.

Have a nice copy of this one. Can't remember why the heck I took a picture of it on the bed. :D

IMG_0026_zps57010056.jpg

Maybe the bed was just the last place you happened to be... using it? (shrug)

IMG_0026_zps57010056.jpg

I remember now. My wife wanted to show me an illustration of her reaction if I kept spending so much on comics. :insane:

IMG_0026_zps57010056.jpg

...I'm proud of myself for resisting the urge to suggest that as well..... lol GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

IMG_0026_zps57010056.jpg

...I'm proud of myself for resisting the urge to suggest that as well..... lol GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ok, Ok, I'll go scan the darn thing! :cry: