• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,614 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, edowens71 said:

Indeed...but, my success was only possible because I wasn't distracted by also trying to collect Baker :D

ECRomance.jpg

Just a ridiculously awesome set of books right there.

Are there any thoughts here as to why it's easier to find higher grade Pictorial Romances than the other Baker romance stuff?  Maybe a distribution thing?

39 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Are there any thoughts here as to why it's easier to find higher grade Pictorial Romances than the other Baker romance stuff?  Maybe a distribution thing?

I think it depends on the issue.  I've owned three copies of Pictorial Romances 16 that were graded by CGC as 9.0 or higher.  Some sort of small warehouse find with that one, I would guess.  Many other issues seem pretty tough in high grade, though.

3 hours ago, Yorick said:

Do you own a copy of PR 14? Have you ever seen a copy of PR 14?

51 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

Do you own a copy of PR 14? Have you ever seen a copy of PR 14?

I'd swear I passed on a copy many moons ago, but I can't be sure.  Not a cover that stood out enough for me.  I don't have one.

There's a 7.5 and 5.5 on the census.