• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,322 posts in this topic

this were purchase last year, they belong to Jerry Iger at one point. Getting my second copy back from CGC later this week. Which came back as Restored CGC 7.5 with small amount of glue on cover.

this are rare with a great Flamingo cover by Matt Baker.

influence2cgc2_zpsd4bd18a1.jpg

Very cool. Haven't seen that before.

Ken

I've never heard of this before either.

this were purchase last year, they belong to Jerry Iger at one point. Getting my second copy back from CGC later this week. Which came back as Restored CGC 7.5 with small amount of glue on cover.

Very cool. Haven't seen that before.

Ken

Edited by Brad Tabar

some more pix to share.

IMG_0069_zps1e94aaf8.jpg

IMG_0068_zps81c9f5c7.jpg

IMG_0073_zpscb2bd528.jpg

IMG_0074_zps924c7134.jpg

Wow! Is that the inside? Thanks for sharing! What was this, some kind of fanzine like Qua Brot or Squa Tront?

some more pix to share.

IMG_0069_zps1e94aaf8.jpg

IMG_0068_zps81c9f5c7.jpg

IMG_0073_zpscb2bd528.jpg

IMG_0074_zps924c7134.jpg

Yes was a fanzine created by a 12yr old in 1974 len katz with help from jerry iger. Issue 1 had no cover and issue 3 was never release. This are file copies they belong to jerry iger at one point. This were to be sold at Con 1974, everyone had no clue this existed. The OA was hanging on the wall of jerry iger house. Was told OA still exist, bury in someones collection.

That's amazing! I wish I'd thought of doing something like that when I was a kid!

Yes was a fanzine created by a 12yr old in 1974 len katz with help from jerry iger. Issue 1 had no cover and issue 3 was never release. This are file copies they belong to jerry iger at one point. This were to be sold at Con 1974, everyone had no clue this existed. The OA was hanging on the wall of jerry iger house. Was told OA still exist, bury in someones collection.

I'm pretty sure this artwork is actually a continuation of the same story in the fanzine, which was originally unpublished but then later officially published in the modern Flamingo comic.

FlamingoBaker.jpg

From what I know, it's artwork from the 50's that was never published in the GA.

Obviously someone published it in that fanzine - probably because Iger was involved.

I believe it was 1st published in it's entirety in this comic called Flamingo from 1998.

My copy of the comic has a different cover. ???

I think I remember that! Hey thanks for the info and for posting! Matt Baker rules!

From what I know, it's artwork from the 50's that was never published in the GA.

Obviously someone published it in that fanzine - probably because Iger was involved.

I believe it was 1st published in it's entirety in this comic called Flamingo from 1998.

My copy of the comic has a different cover. ???

Here's a mystery. In March of 2013, a CGC 6.0 Cinderella Love #25 sold on eBay. As of this post, the CGC Census shows NO 6.0 copies of the book.

The only conditions listed are 2.0, 3.5, 5.5 (x2), and 7.5. What happened to the 6.0 copy?

It got enhanced into???