• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,323 posts in this topic

Ray,

It was a great pleasure to meet you, as well. Now if only we can convince more dealers to carry Baker books!

They have to find them first.

True, but I think some of them don't look. I've picked up a few off dealers who clearly didn't know what they had.

Cinderella 25 :cloud9: ..... I wonder if Joanna ever found the high grade copy she was looking for ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

In about '08, she adopted my first copy, which was a respectable Fine/Fine+. I only know of two copies nicer than that.

She might have sold the copy she got from me. I know of a boardie who told me she'd offered it to him at one point.

There's a 7.5 in the census, but I've never seen it. Until I do, I must concede, it might even be the same copy she got from me.

That's a really nice looking 5.5...I'm still trying to figure out how CGC grades...so many nice looking books get lower grades... (shrug) I mean, what the heck is wrong with that book besides the slight spine creases...? Of course, we can't see the back cover, and the interior might be rat chewed...oh wait, I see it now, the girl is wearing too much blush on her cheeks... (tsk)

This hobby is just getting too technical for my tastes.. :sorry:

Edited by tricolorbrian

That's a really nice looking 5.5...I'm still trying to figure out how CGC grades...so many nice looking books get lower grades... (shrug) I mean, what the heck is wrong with that book besides the slight spine creases...? Of course, we can't see the back cover, and the interior might be rat chewed...oh wait, I see it now, the girl is wearing too much blush on her cheeks... (tsk)

This hobby is just getting too technical for my tastes.. :sorry:

Forget it. CGC doesn't want you, or anyone, to figure out how they grade. It's the same reason they'll never provide written guidelines to their grading criteria; then, they'd be accountable. And to do what they do, they need to maintain a certain degree of impunity from accountability.