• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,324 posts in this topic

I picked up a killer Baker Original Art splash in Chicago. I'll post it when I can. Very excited to get it.

It seems there hasn't been a whole lot of stuff to choose from in recent months. I was lucky to find this one a few weeks ago, and that's only because a fellow boardie was kind enough to reply to my post in WTB.

Is #11 the harder to find issue of the run? I searched the Heritage archives and came across one issue that sold back in 2004. (shrug)

I'd say #11 is found less frequently than other issues of Pictorial Romances. The toughest issues of this title, though, seem to be #14 and #23.

I picked up a killer Baker Original Art splash in Chicago. I'll post it when I can. Very excited to get it.

While we're waiting for the pic, can you tell us anything about the page? The title of the story? The book it's from?

While we're waiting for the pic, can you tell us anything about the page? The title of the story? The book it's from?

I mistakenly called it a splash...it's a panel page (4 panels in total) with the top half of the page being a half splash.

It's a page from the 1st Flamingo story circa late 1940's/1950 or so. Apparently it was unpublished until the 80's when it was printed for the first time.

The page contains the first actual appearance of Flamingo in detail. It's quite pretty.

I finally snapped a pic of the page.

FlamingoBaker.jpg

Great page Roy (worship)

Nobody in comics can capture the female form as well as Baker did.

I'd love to own an Original Baker piece, especially a South Sea girl splash page. :cloud9:

Anyway, congrats on a beautiful comic page by one of greatest artists in comics. :applause:

I finally snapped a pic of the page.

FlamingoBaker.jpg

Great page Roy (worship)

Nobody in comics can capture the female form as well as Baker did.

I'd love to own an Original Baker piece, especially a South Sea girl splash page. :cloud9:

Anyway, congrats on a beautiful comic page by one of greatest artists in comics. :applause:

Awesome Roy, congrats on the great purchase :) I'm sure you probably know the story...this OA was printed later on in comic form through Golden Features but this OA wasn't for the dailies. I'm thinking maybe they decided to do the dailies so they never published this piece in a comic in the early 50's. They did however do this same storyline in the dailies.

Awesome Roy, congrats on the great purchase :) I'm sure you probably know the story...this OA was printed later on in comic form through Golden Features but this OA wasn't for the dailies. I'm thinking maybe they decided to do the dailies so they never published this piece in a comic in the early 50's. They did however do this same storyline in the dailies.

Yup, that was what I had understood as well.

I'm glad I picked it up.

A recent pick up . Seems like a tough issue. Only one 5.0 and two 3.5 copies in the census.

Nice pick up. All these late dialogue free covers are very scarce.

The very last issue especially so. I remember it was MONTHS before I found one...