• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

I'm always on the lookout for Baker art

There's a page for sale in the sales thread for Flatrock :gossip:

Yup, I saw it. Thnx.

:foryou:

I've been following you folks on this fantastic thread for years. I saw this book recently in the Sale forum, and as I have a nice copy myself, I thought I'd share it with fellow Baker fans. As my board name suggests, I collect romance primarily - promotional comics coming in a close second. I'm getting my Bakers together for slabbing, rereading and scanning, so I'll post em along the way.

Andy

True Love Pictorial 4

826eb6ec.jpg

a98ab4d2.jpg

I've been following you folks on this fantastic thread for years. I saw this book recently in the Sale forum, and as I have a nice copy myself, I thought I'd share it with fellow Baker fans.

As my board name suggests, I collect romance primarily - promotional comics coming in a close second. I'm getting my Bakers together for slabbing, rereading and scanning, so I'll post em along the way.

Andy

826eb6ec.jpg

(worship)

I've been following you folks on this fantastic thread for years. I saw this book recently in the Sale forum, and as I have a nice copy myself, I thought I'd share it with fellow Baker fans.

As my board name suggests, I collect romance primarily - promotional comics coming in a close second. I'm getting my Bakers together for slabbing, rereading and scanning, so I'll post em along the way.

Andy

826eb6ec.jpg

a98ab4d2.jpg

very nice Andy! What else you got? :banana:

True Love Pictorial 3

I couldn't really afford it but I couldn't really resist it either. The cover didn't knock me out but the condition of the book....a big ol squarebound looking real pretty can take my breath away. And money (credit) was still sloshing around back in 2005.

d9522288.jpg

True Love Pictorial 3

I couldn't really afford it but I couldn't really resist it either. The cover didn't knock me out but the condition of the book....a big ol squarebound looking real pretty can take my breath away. And money (credit) was still sloshing around back in 2005.

d9522288.jpg

WOW!!

True Love Pictorial 6

The Crippen from Heritage. Structurally very nice, as the collection tended to be, but the page quality of some of them were lacking to say the least. Still, for a romance collector, the year long Crippen rollout at Heritage was a visit to both heaven (for obvious reasons) and hell (because you never knew what the inventory was that you couldn't see yet, and how to budget accordingly). Exciting and nerve wracking.

truelovepictorial6f_zps9fe8bb33.jpg

True Love Pictorial 1

As you can see, a considerable spine roll, but otherwise, not too shabby. . A great candidate for a Matt Nelson press. I'll let you know how it goes. For those of you who abhor pressing, avert your eyes.

truelovepictorial1f_zps338569e6.jpg

Absolutely gob-smacking amazing! :o

True Love Pictorial 3

d9522288.jpg

8002769258_98c079ddb0_b.jpg

Several comments were censored from the Skygirl story in Jumbo 112.

Her skirt also became longer in the later issues.

Earlier issues featured good girl art with limited restrictions.

8002770258_62d8b4fd74_b.jpg

I wonder if Jumbo 112 started a trend which changed Baker's art and the dialogue of the stories?