• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

However difficult it is to find TT 1, and as usual even more so in grade, it's going to get a little easier. My raw Crippen copy is going on sale in the forum tomorrow (along with a couple of other Bakers). I'll post to the announcement thread in the morning. Andy

teenagetemptations1fmed_zps5ad0dfc8.jpg

However difficult it is to find TT 1, and as usual even more so in grade, it's going to get a little easier. My raw Crippen copy is going on sale in the forum tomorrow (along with a couple of other Bakers). I'll post to the announcement thread in the morning. Andy

teenagetemptations1fmed_zps5ad0dfc8.jpg

hm

i hope this book gets release on the Oct 17th hate to see another delay again. :wishluck:

MattBakerGlamCover_MED.jpg

I rarely buy these type books but I won't miss this one. Matt Baker has one of the most incredible stories (and talent) in comic history. It took me years to even see a photo of this artistic genius, who is more revered in 2012 than he could have ever imagined in his lifetime. What an fantastic movie his story would make.

On a slightly different note, FYI, I'll be posting to the sales forum on Friday eve my "It Rhymes With Lust" (1950) slabbed 6.5. Pricing it will be a bit of a conundrum. RedFury's 8.0 blazed an expensive trail.

Very nice Steve very nice. Both Blue Ribbons very strong mid grades, and cream pages are not only acceptable but almost expected so any day is a good day when they're oww.

And the ranks of Wartime Romances welcomes #14, which had been the conspicuous missing link in the 18 issue run. 17 of the issues had already been slabbed by 8/21/06, 12 on that census date. The new #14 would be a long time coming, showing up with a white page blast from the past. Check out the word balloon on the cover, to their sor-

row the creative team was probably told by the editor that no they couldn't have a different size word balloon just for that panel, it would have to fit, could they think of another word for "sorrow"? But no, you really can't.

Sweet haul..who'd you say you bought them from again?

Andy

i hope this book gets release on the Oct 17th hate to see another delay again. :wishluck:

Got an e-mail notice from Amazon today, book is delayed (again, and again...) until January 8th, 2013. :(

I spoke to the author at NYC. He said that the book is at the printers right now. They had found an artist who had worked with Matt Baker. They revised the original manuscript to include the new information that they received.

Got an e-mail notice from Amazon today, book is delayed (again, and again...) until January 8th, 2013. :(

I spoke to the author at NYC. He said that the book is at the printers right now. They had found an artist who had worked with Matt Baker. They revised the original manuscript to include the new information that they received.

thanks for sharing that info, looks like going to be a epic book. cant wait (thumbs u

thanks for sharing that info, looks like going to be a epic book. cant wait (thumbs u

Hi all! :hi:

I know it's been ages since I've posted. I'm still looking for a few more issues to complete the St. John run but these may not surface :pullhair:

I can't wait to see the whole Matt Baker book. There is a preview available on the Twomorrows website. I've helped to contribute to the book with a Fred Robinson interview. It has been quite awhile waiting for this book but I'm sure you will all learn new information on the legendary Matt Baker :cloud9:

Saw this on Sparkle City's Sunday rollout last night. So this is the It Rhymes with Lust 6.0. Nice. We know what RedFury's 8.0 looked like, since it sold on Heritage. So with this 6.0 surfacing, we have images of the three top slabs and many of the mid grades. GPA has never captured data on this one.

I'm interested to see how it goes. You'd think it should go for over 1K, especially given how strong Sparkle has been, but who knows, may be a bargain in the making. Ebay's reach is certainly different than Heritage's.

sparkleitrhymeswithlust_zps9d6171b4.jpg

Anyone know whether the book will include a bibliography/checklist of Baker's work in comics?