• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,378 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2022 at 6:19 PM, Changer said:

I noticed a lot of books there that look like older ones that sold before  (like the silver surfer 1 9.4)  see 

Items for sale by eddiesrecords | eBay

vs  silver surfer #1 | eBay

his most expensive items also just recently sold 

reported rockineddie1

Online Customer Service - Report a seller for a policy violation (ebay.com)

these guys are clever, description mentions fast sale price: aka direct BIN sales. Then person wires money, ebay is not involved to stop the transaction 

Edited by Changer

This is now the third hijacked-account seller in 24 hours that's tried to 'sell' these same GA books. I was going to ask if anyone here was familiar with the first one yesterday (that one was a seller of high-end memorabilia at least, so there was a sliver of a chance it was legit), but it all got pulled.

Ironically, it seems likely that the listings are getting pulled *this* quickly because the scammer keeps asking for payments outside of ebay, and not because of the hijackings themselves. So maybe not an ideal scammer business model.  hm

On 2/7/2022 at 6:56 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Wow. So it is. And it’s being offered by a high feedback seller, too. I’m going to reach out to him or her and see what they say

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154833335229?hash=item240cc933bd:g:5kUAAOSwFk5gpHas

After I contacted the seller, I got a response from eBay that my message was undeliverable. The seller had changed! From “thanksjodyw” to “bakclk1”. 
then I looked at what other books are selling and spotted an All Winners 8. I myself bought this off eBay in December, and this current “seller” is using the same pics that the real seller had used in my transaction.

this is 100% straight up fraud. I couldn’t figure out how to report this to eBay or I would have 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384720795271?hash=item5993257687:g:hP4AAOSww35hjSCQ

On 2/7/2022 at 9:10 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Sorry about going off topic. I no longer see the Cinderella Love book that started all this, so that’s the good news here for the Baker fans. 

I now return you to your regular scheduled programming and will put a lid on my outrage

good work

caesar GIF

I reported a few of the comics for ebay terms violations.

They are also scamming with listings of gaming PCs, high-end trading cards, historical documents and other stuff. Presumably schlepping them from account to account just like the comics.

Hate to say it, but this looks difficult to shut down. I guess if they can just get a couple of suckers on the line it will have been worth it.

On 2/10/2022 at 2:57 PM, Changer said:

Always had a hard time turning down a pretty face, now got to get back to selling (non-baker) books . Also just noticed she is kicking butt or saving a dude in every cover. 

Beauties, one and all.

But why limit yourself?  You've plenty of friends to help you with that:shiftyeyes:

On 2/6/2022 at 5:39 PM, Funnybooks said:

account had to have been hacked

8000+ feedback at 100%

wow these guys are back at it again, different site I believe. How do they keep Hijacking different sites or is this a sophisticated scam with all these 100% sites, see Cinderella Love # 25 1954 St. John Matt Baker key Rare low grade complete . | eBay

All Winners Comics #8 CGC 7.0 1943. Rare WWII iconic cover. CGC 2006 old label | eBay 

Edited by Changer

On 2/13/2022 at 4:23 AM, Changer said:

wow these guys are back at it again, different site I believe. How do they keep Hijacking different sites or is this a sophisticated scam with all these 100% sites, see Cinderella Love # 25 1954 St. John Matt Baker key Rare low grade complete . | eBay

All Winners Comics #8 CGC 7.0 1943. Rare WWII iconic cover. CGC 2006 old label | eBay 

If you check out the account's Sold items, they're all from a place in the UK. The new batch of rare comics, however, are all in the US, and the scammer has put their direct contact info in one of the images.

On 2/13/2022 at 5:23 AM, Changer said:

Power Rangers Reaction GIF

I love seeing all these copies of CL 25 lol 

On 2/13/2022 at 9:22 AM, Chief1332 said:

Saw the eBay post yesterday.  Knew it was your book.  When I tried to open it, I could not.

Folks are reporting these scammers or maybe eBay staff are catching on maybe?

I just bid $1k on it and was immediately outbid. I wonder what would happen if I bid $10k

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost