• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,326 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2022 at 3:58 PM, Point Five said:

Any of my underbidders here? :shy:  I love the colors on this one. Bought on ebay from a non-comic-dealer but it turned out to be missing the centerfold... oops. No harm no foul; I made a deal with the seller and am happy to add it to my Baker collection as a nice filler. 

teenageromances40.thumb.jpg.08f4b3d1b606591cadbf40743097fa11.jpg

Was watching but forgot to bid. Didn’t it end in the middle of the day?

Too bad about the centerfold. :(

On 2/26/2022 at 3:58 PM, Point Five said:

Any of my underbidders here? :shy:  I love the colors on this one. Bought on ebay from a non-comic-dealer but it turned out to be missing the centerfold... oops. No harm no foul; I made a deal with the seller and am happy to add it to my Baker collection as a nice filler. 

I must have been on the road that day.  Missed the real bidding.  Sorry to hear about the cf as well.  Glad that the seller made it AOK with you though.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:55 PM, szav said:

Great looking copy, congrats!

It really is! One of those issues/covers where the whites often have that oily yellowed look, but this one looks nice and bright. (thumbsu

On 3/17/2022 at 10:54 PM, PeterPark said:

:golfclap:The only copy I could manage actually has the interior of #6...

Well, better that than no copy. These books are all about the covers anyway!

And speaking of the cover, a question for all you fellow Baker nuts: this #5 seems to have no gloss at all on the cover. Is that normal for this issue, or is it a production quirk specific to this copy?

On 3/17/2022 at 11:18 PM, Point Five said:

And speaking of the cover, a question for all you fellow Baker nuts: this #5 seems to have no gloss at all on the cover. Is that normal for this issue, or is it a production quirk specific to this copy?

SS 4 = matte finish

SS 5 = paper stock

SS 6 = glossy finish

On 3/17/2022 at 11:18 PM, Point Five said:

that said, if anyone has a coverless copy...I'd definitely be interested...I have a coverless 4 too but I don't think anyone would part with their cover...:wishluck:

On 3/18/2022 at 11:54 AM, PeterPark said:

that said, if anyone has a coverless copy...I'd definitely be interested...I have a coverless 4 too but I don't think anyone would part with their cover...:wishluck:

Will keep an eye out for ya!