• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,326 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2022 at 1:25 PM, Funnybooks said:

I have to throw a known name out there to appease the savages, otherwise, they might say some studio guy like the janitor was the artist lol

Gus? He drew beautiful, lush hair.

On 6/4/2022 at 2:55 PM, comicnoir said:

PL 17, met Feldstein twice, never mentioned doing the cover. Doesn't look like Kamen. Has the attributes of Baker. 

You asked him if he drew the cover and he said he didn't, or you met him, discussed lawn care and PL 17 never entered the conversation?

On 6/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, Funnybooks said:

Thank you
Debate over? :cheers:

The ghost of Matt Baker could visit me tonight*, affirmatively state that he drew that cover, and my reaction would be, "Bruh, you sure you're remembering correctly?"

*:wishluck:

On 6/4/2022 at 3:13 PM, Ryan. said:

You asked him if he drew the cover and he said he didn't, or you met him, discussed lawn care and PL 17 never entered the conversation?

That's right. We talked about how Baker taught him to draw. Never once did he say, you know that famous cover he was suppose to have drawn?

On 6/4/2022 at 3:17 PM, Ryan. said:

The ghost of Matt Baker could visit me tonight*, affirmatively state that he drew that cover, and my reaction would be, "Bruh, you sure you're remembering correctly?"

*:wishluck:

image.jpeg.7ce4799bfddc562a4daf2265bf71004a.jpeg

On 6/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, comicnoir said:

That's right. We talked about how Baker taught him to draw. Never once did he say, you know that famous cover he was suppose to have drawn?

So, he did not bring up the drawing of PL 17. Which of his covers did he discuss with you?

On 6/4/2022 at 6:34 PM, MBFan said:

So, he did not bring up the drawing of PL 17. Which of his covers did he discuss with you?

He talked about his great drawing and how he helped him improve his own art. They worked next to each other at Iger. It's been a number of years.

On 6/4/2022 at 5:44 PM, comicnoir said:

He talked about his great drawing and how he helped him improve his own art. They worked next to each other at Iger. It's been a number of years.

Too bad Kamen didn't specifically discuss covers with you. Perhaps Kamen and Baker collaborated in some way on the cover of PL17.

To my eyes, the covers of Fight 47 and All Top 13 (both attributed to Kamen), when compared to Phantom Lady 17, bear more Kamen hallmarks than Baker. The hair, the eyebrows, the staring eyes, and the mouths are all similar. 

BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION. Everyone else is free to think whatever they like. I am not trying to change anyone's mind. I'm just stating what I see. 

Fight 47 - All Top 13 - PL 17.JPG

On 6/4/2022 at 7:24 PM, MBFan said:

Too bad Kamen didn't specifically discuss covers with you. Perhaps Kamen and Baker collaborated in some way on the cover of PL17.

To my eyes, the covers of Fight 47 and All Top 13 (both attributed to Kamen), when compared to Phantom Lady 17, bear more Kamen hallmarks than Baker. The hair, the eyebrows, the staring eyes, and the mouths are all similar. 

BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION. Everyone else is free to think whatever they like. I am not trying to change anyone's mind. I'm just stating what I see. 

Fight 47 - All Top 13 - PL 17.JPG

I talked to Feldstein.