• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,326 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2022 at 11:28 PM, comicnoir said:

The first comic auction dedicated to the work of one artist.

That tells you how popular Matt Baker has become in recent years. More collectors are aware of this great talent. 
hopefully we see OA. Fingers crossed :cheers:

On 6/14/2022 at 11:28 PM, comicnoir said:

The first comic auction dedicated to the work of one artist.

This auction couldnt work without a very dense if not complete offering of the St John romance run. In slabbed mid to high grade condition.  There aren't very many people who've accomplished that.

One of those who could have pulled this off is that so cal Baker guy whose name I forget. No, not you Will!  Help me out here @comicnoir

Edited by Dr. Love

This would be the opportunity for those who have decent copies to jump on in.  Could be the height of the Baker market for a while. How would multiples of certain issues do in this scenario?  Do lesser copies benefit in the wake of a highest grade? Would HA put them before or after in terms of listing order?

On 6/12/2022 at 2:59 PM, MBFan said:

When I first bought Art of Glamour and began collecting Baker in earnest, I took Feldstein's statement at face value. Eventually, though, it became apparent that almost all true Matt Baker art was tastefully drawn, and that the work that was sexually over-the-top might not be his at all, or at the very least is his art modified by a heavy handed inker.

Even when Baker drew a street corner hooker, she was not gaudy. 

Giant Comics Editions 12 CGC 3 front image cropped.jpg

:x My favorite Baker cover. Easily in my top 10 favorite covers in my collection. Sexy? Sure. But in a very tasteful way. That expression and those eyes get me every time I see it.