• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Strange Adventures
2 2

511 posts in this topic

Another big-headed alien cover!

This issue has the first app of my second favorite SA series: SPACE MUSEUM.

SA_104.jpg

In every story, which takes place in the far-future, Tommy Parker and his dad visit the Museum. An obscure object is picked from a display and Tommy's dad spins a tale about how the item saved the Universe!

Wonderful stuff, with great art by Mike Sekowsky.

Edited by AtlasFan

SA_104.jpg

In every story, which takes place in the far-future, Tommy Parker and his dad visit the Museum. An obscure object is picked from a display and Tommy's dad spins a tale about how the item saved the Universe!

Great copy! That alien's noggin was just screaming out for a dae stamp. lol

I'm just reading my 121 and Infantino drew the Space Museum story in that one.

So, what's your first favorite SA series?

I am so glad you asked...it has to be John Broome and Murphy Anderson's ATOMIC KNIGHTS. What a great seriers.

DC stories of this era rarely got involved with Cold War issues, but in the case of the Atomic Knights, DC got a little more daring. Its a great ongoing story of man's ability to survive and thrive in a post-atomic war world...as Gayle Garner and his fellow knights slowly rebuild society. Of course, battling atomic mutants and subterranean menaces just adds more flavor to their tales.

Here is the only Atomic Knights cover...

SA_144.jpg

One of my favorite series of all time - The Atomic Knights :headbang:

Im with you on this. :headbang: Arguably the best Silver Age group never to receive their own title. Ive given up in my quest to find a 9.2 or 9.4 Strange Adventures #117 their first appearance. However yesterday i was scrolling through Pedigree Comics current auction to see if i could find any comics i might be interested in and found their other early appearances instead all in high grade and a pedigree to boot including 2 9.4's and i was like :banana: :banana: :banana:. because high grade Strange Adventures Atomic Knight issues hardly ever turn up.

One of my favorite series of all time - The Atomic Knights :headbang:

Im with you on this. :headbang: Arguably the best Silver Age group never to receive their own title. Ive given up in my quest to find a 9.2 or 9.4 Strange Adventures #117 their first appearance. However yesterday i was scrolling through Pedigree Comics current auction to see if i could find any comics i might be interested in and found their other early appearances instead all in high grade and a pedigree to boot including 2 9.4's and i was like :banana: :banana: :banana:. because high grade Strange Adventures Atomic Knight issues hardly ever turn up.

That's awesome :applause:

Everything about the Atomic Knights worked for me. I like Broome's writing and Murphy Anderson is one of my all-time favorites. He was heavily influenced by Lou Fine, my #1 fav artist. Just quality all around, IMO.

Space museum was great! I found out about that backup from an article in Comic Book Marketplace years ago and decided to get every story. I was able to complete the run about 2 years ago and loved the covers and other stories so much that I've branched out to the rest of the Strange Adventures series!

Edited by Manic Eightball

Space museum was great! I found out about that backup from an article in Comic Book Marketplace years ago and decided to get every story. I was able to complete the run about 2 years ago and loved the covers and other stories so much that I've branched out to the rest of the Strange Adventures series!

Welcome to the boards, and welcome to this thread (sorry if I missed you posting before, my memory is like a seive). Feel free to post some of your books!

Just added to my collection...yet another gorilla cover. :grin:

Image6.jpg

I always knew gorillas were evil but this just proves it!

Ken

I don't even think he's going to pay his fines...

I am so glad you asked...it has to be John Broome and Murphy Anderson's ATOMIC KNIGHTS. What a great seriers.

DC stories of this era rarely got involved with Cold War issues, but in the case of the Atomic Knights, DC got a little more daring. Its a great ongoing story of man's ability to survive and thrive in a post-atomic war world...as Gayle Garner and his fellow knights slowly rebuild society. Of course, battling atomic mutants and subterranean menaces just adds more flavor to their tales.

Here is the only Atomic Knights cover...

SA_144.jpg

Missed this post somehow. Wonderful copy!

I have a perception that Anderson was a fairly slow artist, and this may have hindered Atomic Knights getting fully established as a regular feature. Don't know if there's any truth to this.....

Welcome to the boards, and welcome to this thread (sorry if I missed you posting before, my memory is like a seive). Feel free to post some of your books!

Gladly! Here's my completed Space Museum run...

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

And my favorite... :cloud9:

IMG_0041.jpg

Cheers! (thumbs u