• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Under Water!

120 posts in this topic

Yup. He is genuinely nice as far as face to face conversation goes. I chatted with himi a bity in Detroit. Still sucks. I know how he feels. I got home from a vacation 3 years ago and the basement was flooded for almost 2 weeks while we were gone.

:sick:

So the moral here is... quit taking 2 week vacations? hm:grin:

It was pretty bad. We arrived in the hosut at like 2 am and the first thing I noticed was the smell...then after putting the kids to bed I examined the basement. Turned out that a toilet was stuck and a sewage pipe let go and there was mold climbing 3-4 feet up the walls (water level was only 1-2" when it flooded).

My buddy worked for a resto/emergency damage construction company and got everything looked after. Thankfully insurance footed the bill...they almost didn't.

As a co-incidence...this past weekend the ex called and mentioned slight flooding in the basement again.

doh!

City sewer was backed up for a few hours. Thakfully nothing serious happened.

R.

Seriously...unless his comics were sitting on the floor, his only worry is the fixtures and maybe a few Moderns depending on his racking...

Jim

We already know WAY to much about Chucks rack. :sick:

I find it hard to garner a lot of sympathy for Chuck's cash problems after seeing his prices on S/A books on the website. 1200$ for a VG copy of ASM #5 is a typical example. This has been shown marked down from 2400$. So lets see 25% off the sale price is 900$, about 2.5 times fair market value? I don't care what my computer was telling me, if it was coming up with stuff like that I'd probably shoot it and leave it on the curb. The guy has a ton of S/A books that he could unload for fair prices on ebay to make cash if he needs it. A little common sense please.

rantrant

11,000 sq ft * 18 inches = 467,228 litres (or 123,429 US gallons)

For perspective, this is equivalent to:

• Running a garden sprinkler for 19.5 days
  • Taking 4,672 baths
  • Flushing the toilet 46,723 times

So it's just a little worse than when Chuck stops by the store after grabbing Mexican food? hm

A flood has hidden repercussions since EVERYTHING is affected. We don't know the construction type of his building. The walls and foundation could be affected. Mold might be a problem. Cleanup and the amount of water in a closed environment and how they might warp his existing stock (trade paperbacks, etc.) are all potential problems... not to mention the business interruption losses from his largest store.

You may not like his pricing policies... but try to separate that from the event or the man. I've never sold to Chuck, but a lot of dealers evidently do and they probably NEED to sell to Chuck. He's like Galactus... (shrug)

I've never met or bought a comic off Chuck but I think this would be a disaster to any of us. I think we should all donate some modern drek to sop up the water.

If you haven't read the story of Chuck finding the Church collection you should. Amazing story.

Mile High Collection History

...a lot of dealers evidently do and they probably NEED to sell to Chuck. He's like Galactus... (shrug)

:o

Chuck is big, purple, and really gay looking??? hm

I truly feel bad for him but thank God for insurance and that no one was hurt.

it is a shame however that he uses this event for yet another discount. Actually, no, it is not a shame. If he chooses to discount, he needs no reason. So, and this is a first for me. I can't find any fault with this current promotion..

Wow, that was hard...

...a lot of dealers evidently do and they probably NEED to sell to Chuck. He's like Galactus... (shrug)

59938-Barneythedino.jpg

hm

59938-Barneythedino.jpg

hm

That guy's tits are not big enough.