• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most money you can imagine yourself spending on a single comic?

133 posts in this topic

I just recently broke my old record of $1505 by paying $3,800 for one comic book.

I'm not proud of it, but with certain books, if you want them, you sometimes have to pay.

I can remember when I thought $1000 for one book was outrageous !! :o

yeah, but it is one HECK of a funny book...I would be VERY proud of it!

The most I've paid was $3600 which beats my record set a few months ago which was $2550. Two years ago I spent $650 on a Daredevil #1 which I thought was nuts :shrug:

I guess it all depends on how much money I have to spend at the given moment. As long as I can cover my bills I'm AOK but you never know what life might throw at you so it really does depend on the time and situation.

:)

Someday I will own a Batman #1. That's going to be the most expensive comic I ever buy.

:applause: Ditto.

I charged 4k on an AF 15 in 6.5 in 1999 or 2000? That was a much better idea than the 66 Mustang I paid 5k for.

Most I've ever paid for a book is $62,500.

Most I could see myself spending right now is $100,000.

Most I could see myself spending if I didn't mind getting divorced is $1,000,000 for the right copy of Action #1

(thumbs u

the most i've spent: $1000

the most i would spend on 1 comic if i had money: $5,000,000

and to add on...

i spent about 3000 total on my last couple of GA purchases.

also i remember about this time last year the most i spent for an issue was $40 for a batman #112. lol

oh ASM #50!!! why did you have to get me caught up in expensive comics!! i admit i am an addict. i hope admitting won't lead to recovery... :wishluck:

After much thought , and personal debate. I decided that I will be slowly selling my collectio 95% or more. With that money, I want to buy 2 books AF 15, and Batman 1. Currently anything over $300.00 isnt happening. Once I sell my books, 7K will be my limit on single book purchases. I have a long way to go, but thats fine.

Currently BTW X-Men 94 and GL40 tie at $150.00 those are my current most expensive purchases. I can honestly say I havent seen anything (to keep) that has made money fly out of my wallet.