• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most money you can imagine yourself spending on a single comic?

133 posts in this topic

It's funny how the # grows..I had spent $300 in 2003 on a Dardevil bronze key and thought it was lots of money. Then I worked my way up to a raw comic for $1500.

Then I spend $4000 on a Hulk #181 9.6 a few months later and couldn't sleep because of it.

That is the most I've spent thus far though I have done it several times.

It only gets easier and easier to do.

:insane:

Most I've ever paid for a book is $62,500.

Most I could see myself spending right now is $100,000.

Most I could see myself spending if I didn't mind getting divorced is $1,000,000 for the right copy of Action #1

Your wife obviously has a much higher threshold for divorce proceedings than mine. lol

The most I have spent up to this point for one book is about $75.00. I would have to say around $1000 would have the pucker factor going off the charts for me.

Most I could see myself spending if I didn't mind getting divorced is $1,000,000 for the right copy of Action #1

Overachiever.

That wouldnt happen to be a 6.5 ?

i think it also resides in new york. (thumbs u

if your action 1 ever came to market, I would be a strong bidder (thumbs u

I just recently broke my old record of $1505 by paying $3,800 for one comic book.

I'm not proud of it, but with certain books, if you want them, you sometimes have to pay.

I can remember when I thought $1000 for one book was outrageous !! :o

yeah, but it is one HECK of a funny book...I would be VERY proud of it!

thanks Gator, I do love it so :cloud9:

but still wish they were all 10 cents each.

I just recently broke my old record of $1505 by paying $3,800 for one comic book.

I'm not proud of it, but with certain books, if you want them, you sometimes have to pay.

I can remember when I thought $1000 for one book was outrageous !! :o

yeah, but it is one HECK of a funny book...I would be VERY proud of it!

thanks Gator, I do love it so :cloud9:

but still wish they were all 10 cents each.

don't we all lol

Most I've ever spent on a single book is $2200 and that was before the rise of the mighty Euro :frustrated:

I offered $2500 for an AF 15 last week, but my offer got rejected and I'm kinda glad as this isn't the best time for me to be spending like this.

I think my spending threshold is $10,000 and that's for a low grade Batman #1 (popular book that on this thread) or a 60's Kirby OA page with Doctor Doom. But I need to buy a new car first :tonofbricks:

Most I can remember spending is $2,500 (a few times right off these boards)..............I'm sure I could justify spending up to 10K for the right book, but I can't think of any book right now that I'd want at that level. GGA books in general just don't cost that much....thankfully. Maybe in the consolidation phase I'd go higher spending comic money to get one uber high grade key....

Maybe a high grade Phantom lady #17, but I think I'd be happy with a mid grade.

i hope your happy with your choice. i could never sell my whole collection just for a comic. to me that is what saving money up is for.

I would be stoked ! Own AF 15 and Batman 1 ! That would make my day ! 2 books for 2 reasons. AF 15 is investment, Batman 1 is a book I REALLY want (1st JOKER !).

All of my other books are easy to replace IMO.

i hope your happy with your choice. i could never sell my whole collection just for a comic. to me that is what saving money up is for.

I would be stoked ! Own AF 15 and Batman 1 ! That would make my day ! 2 books for 2 reasons. AF 15 is investment, Batman 1 is a book I REALLY want (1st JOKER !).

All of my other books are easy to replace IMO.

If only two comics would make you happy, more power to you. I think having a collection of comics I adore, within reason, is much more enjoyable than having a couple highly priced comics. There's much more treasure there than just monetary valued or significant (which really means desired by others) comics and a collection makes up for these perceived shortfalls in spades...

Jim

I will buy a Detective #27 one day no matter what it costs me. It probably won't be the Mile High copy but it will have the cover (or at least most of the front cover).