• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do?? Supposed lost comic.

49 posts in this topic

Well, an Ebay buyer claims he never got his book. The book was shipped out May 12th to Coventry CT, and this was a few days before the feedback change. The buyer still claims he has not gotten a priority box....not an envelope, and wants a full refund on a Silver Surfer 7 VF/NM. I have not recieved the book back to my return address either, so a larger priority box is missing, with city, state and zip on it? I'm trying to decide wether to refund the purchase amount minus shipping or just say-"I think you have the book and are using the new feedback system to you advantage to hold me hostage etc etc." So, even if I do, he could still hit me with a neutral and I would be out my $$ and my book, or I could just take the negative and claim my side in the response. Thoughts and opinions-CC.

doh! set yourself up to print postage on-line. I would see if the PO can backtrack based off of the receipt. Looks like that is the only course of action you have right now.

doh! set yourself up to print postage on-line. I would see if the PO can backtrack based off of the receipt. Looks like that is the only course of action you have right now.

Ouch! that does sound like your only option. Always use sig confirmation. Best way to protect yourself from this sort of thing.

Any type of confirmation or insurance?

He declined, but with the new FB system...so what. If it had been changed before, It would be mandatory...which it is now is.

Never give the option. They pay for it, or buy somewhere else.

How much was the book? I'd give it a few weeks, and if it doesn't turn up, give a refund including shipping. It's your fault it has no tracking or insurance.

If he paid with Paypal and you have no proof of mailing, you may be out of luck anyway. Even if not with Paypal, he can file a non receipt claim with Ebay.

Personally, I insure (for my own protection) when things are over a certain amount...but it's too late for you this time. I'd chalk it up as a gambling loss and refund (including postage, after all, he COULD be honest)

If you print postage with Paypal, delivery conf on Priority is free and only 18 cents or so, with media.

He declined, but with the new FB system...so what. If it had been changed before, It would be mandatory...which it is now is.

I always put delivery confirmation on and include it in the price of shipping. I don't give the buyer an option.

It's one thing for the buyer to decline insurance...but as a seller you should ALWAYS use delivery confirmation to avoid headaches/accusations such as these...it's free if you do it on-line and 65-cents if you do it at the PO...

Tell the buyer to chill for awhile though...I had a seller send me a book (from Oklahoma to California) and he put the suite # wrong in the address (100 in lieu of 110) and the package took almost 4 weeks to come back to him... 2c

I always put delivery confirmation on and include it in the price of shipping. I don't give the buyer an option.

yep. All my listing state delivery confirmation included in shipping charges.

Interesting fact about delivery confirmation: I recently had some packages stolen off my front door step all of which had delivery confirmation. When I spoke to the USPS about this, they stated that as soon as the package is delivered, it is no longer within the scope of the USPS' responsibility--this includes insured packages. So, even if those packages had been insured, I wouldn't have been reimbursed because the loss wasn't the fault of the USPS.

Bottomline, if you really want to protect yourself from loss (whether fraud or simple loss in transit), use signature confirmation. This lesson I had to learn the hard way. :tonofbricks:

Yes, the new FB system will force mandatory DC from now on, thanks for the advice. I'll just give him the coin and block him on my bidders list.

For an extra 60 cents or whatever, you're insane not to do delivery confirmation... even if it comes out of your pocket.

Yes, the new FB system will force mandatory DC from now on, thanks for the advice. I'll just give him the coin and block him on my bidders list.

For an extra 60 cents or whatever, you're insane not to do delivery confirmation... even if it comes out of your pocket.

Print your shipping lables online and DC is free.

What does one need to print shipping labels online?

I imagine a scale. Do you need to know all the geographical zones? Are there special sticky labels you need to line up in your printer? I always figured this would be a pain in the azz....but if you can get free delivery conf.....might be worth it.