• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do

27 posts in this topic

Say you BIN a book off of someone on ebay. Pay the next day and after waiting 2 weeks you email the seller to ask whats up. When will the book arrive?

His reply is they cannot find it in their system (supposedly mailed out already). Within 5 minutes of their reply they refund the full purchase price and shipping.

Personally i don't believe them and think they may have moved the book to someone else. Do I neg them or just let it go?

p.s. I really needed/wanted the book.

He is blaming UPS. I just emailed him and said I would deal with the headache of running the book down. Lets see if I get a tracking #.

Book was listed on his site for almost a year. Now it disappears.

having not been able to find things I have listed in my store and having promptly refunded the money I'd hope not to be negged, but it doesn't sound like this is the scenario here, blaming it on USPS

Yeah, crappy as it is, you did get your money back. I'm falling in the Neutral camp, but with that, include a detailed comment and adjust his ratings appropriately.

Sorry you weren't able to fill that hole in the wishlist JP :foryou:

If it was on his site for a year there is a good chance it was accidentally sold or shipped. I would cut my losses (which are none at this point since he refunded your money) and forget about it. Maybe write a little sticky note saying, "Don't buy from XYZ", and put it on my monitor.

Life's too short to get bent about stuff like this.

If it was on his site for a year there is a good chance it was accidentally sold or shipped. I would cut my losses (which are none at this point since he refunded your money) and forget about it. Maybe write a little sticky note saying, "Don't buy from XYZ", and put it on my monitor.

Life's too short to get bent about stuff like this.

:golfclap:

What book was it?....he probably already sold it and forgot to delete it.I did that once...hopefully I learned my lesson.It's a drag having to make excuses to someone who had faith in you.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

If he would have said...Ooops, i sold it earlier. I would have had no problem with that. I am leaving well enough alone and will block them as a buyer and will no longer consider them as an option when I buy books.