• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Please Help!!! What am I to do?

54 posts in this topic

At 3:34 P.M. on June 15th I purchased eBay item #160248166190 for a Hulk 6 @ CGC 7.0 ( LINK ) . The seller who 100% impeccable feedback only accepted MO and personal checks; no PayPal. I didn’t have a problem with this because the book was so nice (kept in a private collection for 4 years) and the seller and I had corresponded several times before the auctions end about me winning it. Needless to say with me being called on the spur of the moment from a dealer needing help setup for the Heroes convention I wasn’t able to get the money order out until Friday (6/20/08). I knew there was 7 day deadline so I expressed mailed it to him to make sure that it got by Saturday at 3 o’clock P.M. So he shoots me an e-mail on Saturday night stating that the money order arrived and that the book is packed and will be shipped out on Monday morning. Ok. So Monday morning arrives and he shoots me a tracking number. Everything looks good until 4 o’clock today when the tracking number states: Undeliverable as Addressed, June 23, 2008, 12:30 pm, Charlotte, NC 28277. I had already noticed something was up because nothing arrived in the mail around 2:30 PM today. I was astonished to find this out. I immediately called the 1-800 USPS number where they were quite rude, but finally gave me the number to my local post office. After giving them some information they told me that currier never receive such package. The said they would check through the other mail and get back with me, and if I liked I could come by tomorrow morning. I was –through eBay- able to get in touch with the seller who seemed like a very kind guy. We reviewed the address over 3 times and my address was identical to where the package was supposed to be shipped. Evidently this wasn’t the problem. He calmed me down and told me that the package was fully insured with a tracking number so we had nothing to worry about. He said it probably would be returned to him and he would call me immediately when it arrived. USPS won’t tell me where the package is right now. I am willing to submit driver’s license, birth certificate, even blood sample to identify my name with the package so that it will not be shipped back to Massachusetts. I am kind of nervous about this whole thing, and I need some advice. I want my book that I paid for. Please help.

Carolina Comics

At 3:34 P.M. on June 15th I purchased eBay item #160248166190 for a Hulk 6 @ CGC 7.0 ( LINK ) . The seller who 100% impeccable feedback only accepted MO and personal checks; no PayPal. I didn’t have a problem with this because the book was so nice (kept in a private collection for 4 years) and the seller and I had corresponded several times before the auctions end about me winning it. Needless to say with me being called on the spur of the moment from a dealer needing help setup for the Heroes convention I wasn’t able to get the money order out until Friday (6/20/08). I knew there was 7 day deadline so I expressed mailed it to him to make sure that it got by Saturday at 3 o’clock P.M. So he shoots me an e-mail on Saturday night stating that the money order arrived and that the book is packed and will be shipped out on Monday morning. Ok. So Monday morning arrives and he shoots me a tracking number. Everything looks good until 4 o’clock today when the tracking number states: Undeliverable as Addressed, June 23, 2008, 12:30 pm, Charlotte, NC 28277. I had already noticed something was up because nothing arrived in the mail around 2:30 PM today. I was astonished to find this out. I immediately called the 1-800 USPS number where they were quite rude, but finally gave me the number to my local post office. After giving them some information they told me that currier never receive such package. The said they would check through the other mail and get back with me, and if I liked I could come by tomorrow morning. I was –through eBay- able to get in touch with the seller who seemed like a very kind guy. We reviewed the address over 3 times and my address was identical to where the package was supposed to be shipped. Evidently this wasn’t the problem. He calmed me down and told me that the package was fully insured with a tracking number so we had nothing to worry about. He said it probably would be returned to him and he would call me immediately when it arrived. USPS won’t tell me where the package is right now. I am willing to submit driver’s license, birth certificate, even blood sample to identify my name with the package so that it will not be shipped back to Massachusetts. I am kind of nervous about this whole thing, and I need some advice. I want my book that I paid for. Please help.

Carolina Comics

Well , it sounds like it's on the up and up , and you should get it ??

Patience young grasshopper , .....or is it old grasshopper ?? ......................BH

I need some advice. I want my book that I paid for. Please help.

Carolina Comics

Just wait. There really is nothing that anyone on the boards can do to help you. Have some ice cream or something and relax.

Andy

Carolina Comics

Just wait. There really is nothing that anyone on the boards can do to help you. Have some ice cream or something and relax.

Andy

Yeah dude, chill. Just be patient. :cool:

Carolina Comics

Andy

He's screwed. :baiting::grin:

I've had packages sent to me where the info on the tracking site was just completely wrong, but the package arrived eventually.

Also have had items I've sent that were addressed 100% correctly, and they still came back as "bad address; undeliverable."

It will show up at your end, or back at his where he can re-send it. I wouldn't get too upset yet.

badfeet

Carolina Comics

Andy

He's screwed. :baiting::grin:

lol:signfunny:

No really, I'm sure it will work out. :wishluck:

Weird. I received a HULK 6 CGC 7.0 in the mail today that I never bought. I figured it was my late Secret Santa gift. :banana:

was it as true tracking number (Express mail) or one of those "worthless" delivery confirmation #'s?....if it was a tracking #, the USPS could tell you where it is (you can too, by checking www.usps.com)... if it is a dc #, you cannot track it accurately, only the last place it was scanned (if it was scanned)...insurance is the only protection, so luckily, he fully insured, you will be fine...

If it's fully insured, probably your biggest problem (worst case scenario) would be waiting on the refund. Even if that happens, you'll get your money back. The post office isn't going to want to pay out that kind of claim...it'll probably turn up somewhere (either your place or the senders) in a few days.

Similar happened to trmoore a few months back. In his case it was the wrong suite or something but in the end he got his book. Like everyone says...take a chill pill, dude.

Take the advice Samuel L. Jackson told the coffee-shop robber to tell his girl-friend Hunny-Bunny during the robbery in Pulp Fiction... :devil:

Seriously, if there is an insurance # you can go into your local post office and they can tell you EXACTLY where the package is...GL

Have some ice cream

Don't forget this rather sage piece of advice.

Always works for me! (thumbs u

Thanks to all for your positive inputs. Here is the information. If it happens to turn up at your address as in the case of cd4ever please FedEx it my way. doh!:foryou:

Search Results

Label/Receipt Number: 0307 3330 0002 0532 2319

Detailed Results:

Bullet Undeliverable as Addressed, June 25, 2008, 12:30 pm, CHARLOTTE, NC 28277

Bullet Notice Left, June 25, 2008, 10:57 am, CHARLOTTE, NC 28277

Bullet Processed, June 25, 2008, 1:36 am, CHARLOTTE, NC 28214

Bullet Processed, June 24, 2008, 2:31 am, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152

Bullet Acceptance, June 23, 2008, 1:11 pm, CHICOPEE, MA 01020

Thanks,

CC

***All books purchased by me from now on will be shipped at my expense via FedEx Overnight.***