• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is this Superman #317 so expensive?

33 posts in this topic

#317 is one of my favorite childhood covers. It was the first time I'd ever seen Supes really angry, and I thought it was pretty damn cool. There are 7 copies in 9.6. I've got one, Alton's got one, there's the eBay copy, and 4 others. I thought Alton paid fair market value at $200, but he was meeting an asking price. Funny things happen in auctions.

A few other late Adams covers that I like...

action485.jpg

dcspecial29.jpg

flash246.jpg

jla138.jpg

superman307.jpg

worldsfinest245.jpg

#317 is one of my favorite childhood covers. It was the first time I'd ever seen Supes really angry, and I thought it was pretty damn cool. There are 7 copies in 9.6. I've got one, Alton's got one, there's the eBay copy, and 4 others. I thought Alton paid fair market value at $200, but he was meeting an asking price. Funny things happen in auctions.

didn't someone on these boards sell a 9.6 copy awhile back on eBay and it ended up at over $300 ?? or am I remembering it wrong ?

anywho, I also loved this cover as a kid, I drew a recreation of it when I was 13 (in 1981),

though my Supes is a little "thicker" lol

th_sketchSupermananger.jpg

anywho, I also loved this cover as a kid, I drew a recreation of it when I was 13 (in 1981),

Whoa.. the dude really does abide.

I had no idea you had, skillz.

(worship)

Whoa.. the dude really does abide.

I had no idea you had, skillz.

(worship)

thanks Kenny.

didn't someone on these boards sell a 9.6 copy awhile back on eBay and it ended up at over $300 ?? or am I remembering it wrong ?

thedude: Dang that's nice! If I could have drawn like that back in the day... umm engineering may not have ever crossed my mind.

(worship)

jla138.jpg

Very nice copy (of course)!

Definitely one of my favorites and one of my first purchases from my LCS last year when I reentered the hobby.

jla138.jpg

Very nice copy (of course)!

Definitely one of my favorites and one of my first purchases from my LCS last year when I reentered the hobby.

I can remember ordering and then cancelling a 9.6 copy of this one from Mile High during a sale a few years back because I thought $40 or $50 was too high of a price for it! doh!