• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago '09?...

600 posts in this topic

so whens everybody arriving in Chicago ? -- my flight arrives about 8:45 on Thursday so i`ll be at the convention by 10:00 or so thursday morning -- anybody else ????

If I can swing it, I'll be arriving at the airport at 9:25 AM Thursday morning. Anyone know what time the show opens on the Thursday? Also, for the Thursday preview, aside from a dealer's pass, what kind of ticket would get me in for that?

Also, I'm looking at Priceline.com and doing what the others have done, choosing $49 for a 4 star hotel near the O'Hare airport, but there are 2 choices. One is O'Hare airport, and the other is O'Hare airport South. I'm assuming that it's #6 on the list, O'Hare airport, but I'd like confirmation from someone who's already booked their hotel. :foryou:

Thanks guys and hoping like hell for the best. :wishluck:

Andy

Andy, I think that deal died rather quickly. The biggest gamble with it was getting stuck at the OHare Hilton. All the other choices were very convenient. If you're looking to do the name your own, search for ORD location with 4 star hotels. I looked at the normal map view and see 5 4 star hotels in that area, 1 of which is the airport Hilton. The others are either right next door to the Con or right down the street. I think the Hilton has a shuttle that goes to the Con but I was praying not to be there, just too far away for me. Good luck

The Airport Hilton has one of the best steak houses (if it is still there).

Not so great of a draw for a vegetarian. lol

You murder vegetables. :o

At least the animals can run. :(

lol (thumbs u

I'll be there Tuesday night late. Getting in to setup right at 8am on Wed makes things go alot smoother. Its alot easier when you have a couple of big trucks to get there early.

Staying at the Motel 6 on Tuesday then moving to the Embassy Suites for the duration. Been staying there every year and you cant beat the location.

Talk about a roller coaster week. I am now having a hard time getting excited about the show now.

I know what you mean. Since I found out about Nik my mind has been everywhere but on the con.