• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago '09?...

600 posts in this topic

Interesting that they have combined the exhibitors list and retailers list this year. They used to be separate.

Conspicuously absent from the exhibitors list are:

DC

Marvel

Dark Horse

Top Cow

Boom! Studios

Aspen

Devil’s Due (they’re even a Chicago company)

What is even more interesting is that Marvel and DC will both be in Toronto at the Fan Expo which is becoming a premiere event. There seems to be some serious polarization with exhibitors as in the "Wizard" supporters and the "non Wizard" supporters.

Looks like we're headed towards a showdown at the OK corrale.

Wonder what would happen if i wore my snazzy new C2E2 t-shirt in August -- think Wizard might revoke my badge and kick me out (shrug)

They need every dollar they can get at this point.

So, Mike...how many days left till WWC?

Interesting that they have combined the exhibitors list and retailers list this year. They used to be separate.

Conspicuously absent from the exhibitors list are:

DC

Marvel

Dark Horse

Top Cow

Boom! Studios

Aspen

Devil’s Due (they’re even a Chicago company)

What is even more interesting is that Marvel and DC will both be in Toronto at the Fan Expo which is becoming a premiere event. There seems to be some serious polarization with exhibitors as in the "Wizard" supporters and the "non Wizard" supporters.

Looks like we're headed towards a showdown at the OK corrale.

Wonder what would happen if i wore my snazzy new C2E2 t-shirt in August -- think Wizard might revoke my badge and kick me out (shrug)

They need every dollar they can get at this point.

So, Mike...how many days left till WWC?

28 ever loving days

and i`ve got an exhibitor pass no $$ from me

• Administrator

CGC will be offering On-Site Grading at Chicago Comic-Con (Wizard) on August 6th – 9th. Come to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center to take advantage of CGC's On-Site Grading for all tiers!

On-Site* Tier Pricing for Chicago Comic-Con 2009:

Modern (Comics 1980-present valued $200 or less) - $24

Economy (Comics valued $300 or less) - $45

Standard (Comics valued $1000 or less) - $75

Express (Comics valued $3000 or less) - $125

Walk-Thru (Comics any value) – Min $175 Max $1500 2.5% FMV

The show hours are: Thursday (Preview Night) 4pm – 8pm, Friday 10am - 7pm, Saturday 10am – 7pm, and Sunday 10am - 5pm. Prepare your On-Site grading submissions in advance and save valuable time! You can link to our On-Site submission form here or on our Events Page. Just fill out the form, print it out and bring all copies to the convention with your books to save you time at the CGC booth (#1934 & 2033).

CGC will also be accepting submissions for all tiers of service to be shipped back to our facility in Sarasota for grading (Note: these submissions should not be listed on the On-Site submission form). In addition, Chicago Comic-Con will have a wide assortment of comic creators, who are available to sign your comics.

Featured Comic guests include:

Mark Millar (Kick-, Fantastic Four)

Jim Cheung (Secret Warriors, New Avengers)

Brian Azzarello (100 Bullets, The Joker)

Frank Cho (Liberty Meadows, Jungle Girl)

George Perez (Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds)

Renee Witterstaetter (She-Hulk, Avengers)

and many more!

Stop by the CGC booth for details about our Signature Series program and to secure a witness for any signings you may attend. (**Please note that Signature Series requests cannot be guaranteed for on-site grading as the artist may not be available until the end of the show.) Also you can make plans in advance through our Signature Room on our Chat Boards.

*On-Site certification means that certification of your comic book(s) will occur during the weekend of the show. CGC’s goal is to have your books returned to you on the day they were submitted. However, this is not always possible and in the event that we get inundated with submissions CGC will have your books back to you by the end of the show on Sunday. If we do not meet that deadline, we will ship your books out to you. However if you are not available to pick up your books at the end of the show then you will be responsible for any shipping fees.

Don't miss HUGE Guest Announcement for Chicago Comic-Con

GET CHICAGO COMIC-CON TICKETS NOW!

Look for a HUGE Guest Announcement on Monday morning July 13 right here on www.wizardworld.com

Chicago Comic-Con has over 600 guests already, but this will be our BIGGEST announcement.

You can also follow us on twitter @wizardworld or become a fan of Chicago Comic-Con on Facebook or friend us on myspace.com to get the update.

Chicago Comic-Con returns August 6-9, 2009 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center.

hm

Look for a HUGE Guest Announcement on Monday morning July 13 right here on www.wizardworld.com

Chicago Comic-Con has over 600 guests already, but this will be our BIGGEST announcement.

You can also follow us on twitter @wizardworld or become a fan of Chicago Comic-Con on Facebook or friend us on myspace.com to get the update.

Chicago Comic-Con returns August 6-9, 2009 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center.

hm

Perhaps Nik has put his vacation to Greece on hold and will announce he'll be joining us :wishluck:

Jim

hm

Perhaps Nik has put his vacation to Greece on hold and will announce he'll be joining us :wishluck:

Jim

Negative :(

hm

Jim

Fat chance.

hm

Jim

:wishluck:

hm

Based on the picture off the website it looks like ANOTHER wrestler. I predict Hulk Hogan although based on the picture the arms don't seem big enough.

Since when did comic shows become wrestling conventions?

yeah no kidding, I know in the past they had a handful of wrestlers but wih the list they got going this year they might as well put on an entire wrestling event.