• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago '09?...

600 posts in this topic

Obviously they were all set to announce somebody this morning, and then... they hit a snag.

I wouldn't be surprised if it WAS Brock Lesnar and the events of this past week have made some people question the wisdom of having him as a guest. I personally couldn't care less about him or any other UFC personality.

Hopefully they will ditch him and use the money to fetch a celebrity with more universal appeal.

Obviously they were all set to announce somebody this morning, and then... they hit a snag.

I wouldn't be surprised if it WAS Brock Lesnar and the events of this past week have made some people question the wisdom of having him as a guest. I personally couldn't care less about him or any other UFC personality.

Hopefully they will ditch him and use the money to fetch a celebrity with more universal appeal.

like banjo boy from Deliverance ...

like banjo boy from Deliverance ...

DON'T GET MY HOPES UP! lol

deliverance_banjo.jpg

What he looks like now:

Billy%20Redden.jpg

Why is he hanging with the banjo boy when there's something far more intresting to the right??!!??

Must have been as they've pulled the HUGE announcement promo from the website.

Please cancel all non-comic related guests.

Must have been as they've pulled the HUGE announcement promo from the website.

Please cancel all non-comic related guests.

Amen brother.

Not only did we not get the "big announcement", but worse news for me today was that they just pulled Bryan Hitch from the guest list. :mad:

so my #1 guest draw for the con is gone now.... doh!

sorry :foryou:

:wishluck: please dont let Virgil cancel

What a shamble... first no 'huge' guest and now they've lost Bryan Hitch... shenanigans I declare!

Looks like they're just filling the show with fluff; Ernie Hudson, Gary Coleman, Peter Facinelli... :signofftopic:

Anyone remember the good old days when these shows were about comics??

What a shamble... first no 'huge' guest and now they've lost Bryan Hitch... shenanigans I declare!

Looks like they're just filling the show with fluff; Ernie Hudson, Gary Coleman, Peter Facinelli... :signofftopic:

There were more dealers way back when too. Last year to me seemed a little lean. Lots of dealers selling shirts, toys, games, and other stuff I could care less about.

drx

They don't care as much about the comics portion or have lost touch. I think thats pretty obvious.

C2E2 is going to kill'em in Chicago after its first year.

The window of time to correct this is shrinking. I hope they cut off the BS guests and start focusing on the guests that their business is based on COMICS. :mad:

See this is an arguement I don't understand...the 4 largest Comic Shows in North America are all "media shows", SD, NYC, Toronto Fan Expo and Chicago with Chicago being the closest to a traditional Comic Show out of the bunch.

Real comic shows like Big Apple or Paradise, draw lousy reviews because of location, timing, broken AC, sub par facilities etc etc

The Reed show in Chicago next year will even be less about comics than Wizard this year but people won't mind when blinded by all the glitz and glamour that'll will accompany this show.

Jim

New York had an incredible comic focus this year. Lots of legends. I'm hoping for the same at C2E2. So far they have Alex Ross and Jeff Smith listed.

Kinda let down by Wizard this year as far as artist guest.

NYCC had

Colan

Infantino

Adams

Steranko

Plastino

The Kuberts

Joe Simon

Ayers

Robinson

Sinnot

Wolfman