• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago '09?...

600 posts in this topic

I like staying at the Hyatt or Embassy because of the location next to the Convention Center. I will only be at the show Fri-Sun.

I have good luck with Priceline when booking large cities so I thought I'd try a shot at "name your own price". The down side is you might get a location up to 2 miles away but if my low ball offer is accepted I can deal with the aggravation. I just put in what I thought would get shot down in a heartbeat. I went for the 4 star Hotels at $49 a night and the Hyatt next to the convention center accepted. :banana:

Hope to see some of you guys at the show!!!

Leroy

I like staying at the Hyatt or Embassy because of the location next to the Convention Center. I will only be at the show Fri-Sun.

I have good luck with Priceline when booking large cities so I thought I'd try a shot at "name your own price". The down side is you might get a location up to 2 miles away but if my low ball offer is accepted I can deal with the aggravation. I just put in what I thought would get shot down in a heartbeat. I went for the 4 star Hotels at $49 a night and the Hyatt next to the convention center accepted. :banana:

Hope to see some of you guys at the show!!!

Leroy

Thanks Leroy. I did the above and got my rooms for the same amount. SWEET!!!!

Andrew, we'll have to hook up at the show.

So did you get the Hyatt next to the convention center? I know that another Hyatt is down the road by the airport but if you got the one at 9300 Bryn Mawr Avenue like I did then it's connected to the convention center.

Like I said it's a little bit of a gamble as far as which Hotel will accept but at the price difference (I saved $230 for 2 nights over the Con rate) to me it's worth a try.

Leroy

They have a beer fridge in the lobby at the Courtyard.

:baiting:

You mean you guys don't bring your own beer fridge to Chicago every year?

I hear people just take beer off the carts as they roll by after last call. That seems better than a beer fridge.

Worked in '08.

^^

So did you get the Hyatt next to the convention center? I know that another Hyatt is down the road by the airport but if you got the one at 9300 Bryn Mawr Avenue like I did then it's connected to the convention center.

Like I said it's a little bit of a gamble as far as which Hotel will accept but at the price difference (I saved $230 for 2 nights over the Con rate) to me it's worth a try.

Leroy

I just got the same notice. Hyatt Regency O'hare right next to the convention center on Bryn Mawr for $49 a nite!

:applause:

I just got the same notice. Hyatt Regency O'hare right next to the convention center on Bryn Mawr for $49 a nite!

Roy

Now we can finally meet and you can buy me a beer or 3 with the money you just saved. :baiting:

Leroy

Roy

Now we can finally meet and you can buy me a beer or 3 with the money you just saved. :baiting:

Leroy

doh!

I don't buy beer. I just pull it off of carts as they pass by me.

:whistle:

Leroy

Yeah I got the one next door. What a bargain. :banana:

I still need Wednesday and Thursday but I'm afraid to gamble any more.