• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

thanks, i think so too. by the way i was noticing that you have a lot of avengers you are looking for. chuck from milehigh comics just got in a huge marvel collection that had a huge amount of n/m condition books. he dropped them off at the cgc last week. maybe he will have something you need. he's been running a 60% off sale on back issues for about 6 weeks for readers of his weekly newsletter. might be worth looking into.

Yeah, Chuck's a bit nutters when it comes to selling anything other than filler, non-key modern stuff and trades. Very, very out of touch with reality... and yet, still in business. I can never figure it out. lol

the first two pictures are of books i passed on, the third book i own (the 5.5 cgc copy) and the 5.0 copy is the same book it was just re-submitted to cgc after some time the 6-5 is identical. it was shown on the boards a while back way before i owned it.

Hey guys I'm new to the forum but am looking for a AF 15. I am looking for something in the $2500 range. I would like to get a nice looking cgc 1 if possible. Can anyone help me out? I have been watching a pgx 2 on eBay but it's not a very presentable copy and pgx doesn't have very good resale. Please I need help and advice. I used to collect comics as a kid and now I'm getting back into it. I always wanted AF 15 as a kid but could never afford one and I'm wanting to get one before they get out of reach for the normal person.

You're right, PGX is not known for having good resale. I resubmitted a PGX slab for CGC certification and it came back a full grade lower, which was not my desired result! Their reputation for being able to detect restoration is not very good, either.

(That PGX copy's not very presentable, imo, and would be unlikely to be a CGC 2.0...Then there's the cream to off-white page quality.)

Put a listing for an AF 15 in the Want to Buy forum and you should get some responses. Here's a list of well regarded Silver Age dealers that might have what you're looking for:

Silver Age Dealers

For that budget, a CGC graded 1.5 might be found, or a 1.8. If you can save up for a bit longer, and up your budget as a result, a 2.0 or 2.5 might be a possibility.

Best of luck in your search

the first two pictures are of books i passed on, the third book i own (the 5.5 cgc copy) and the 5.0 copy is the same book it was just re-submitted to cgc after some time the 6-5 is identical. it was shown on the boards a while back way before i owned it.

Are you saying you have an Action 1 CGC 5.5 Universal? :shy:

it took me a while to get what you were saying. no, i was just responding to oakman above. the pictures are just on my signature board. this weekend i am going to scan some of my books and dump them to photobucket and photoshop a collage to fix up my signature board. action #1 nice!

There is a cgc1.5 on eBay for $3850 but that seems a little stout to me.

Might as well save up another $500 and get a 3.0 at that price

Yeah, most of the "For Sale" people on ebay and CLink seem like they must just double their purchase price to set their sales prices. Nice for them if they can make that kind of profit but SO out of touch with reality. As long as you can hold out for what you're really looking for then it'll show up at a more realistic price....unless of course you wait for 3 years then that might well become a realistic price 2c

There is a cgc1.5 on eBay for $3850 but that seems a little stout to me.

Might as well save up another $500 and get a 3.0 at that price

You mean another 1000-1500 for a 3.0 don't you? A clink 3.0 sold for almost 5k last month and I sold a 3.0 for 5200 recently

Help me out guys. How close on grading is metropolis comics because they have several for sale. Also there is a make offer button how much down they typically come down off the price?

lol

:popcorn:

Help me out guys. How close on grading is metropolis comics because they have several for sale. Also there is a make offer button how much down they typically come down off the price?

lol

I thought I would get help here in my search. I guess people would rather look down on and make fun of people that they have never had a chance to meet.

help is on the way, seriously, I'm typing up a rather long post, give me one moment. :grin:

Thanks for the help buddy

sorry Spiderbite, could not help but laugh when you mentioned about Metropolis coming down off of their listed price, because it's fairly common knowledge around here that Metro more than any other comic book dealer very seldom budges from their listed price, and the "make an offer" feature has been another long standing bone of contention among board members, however, if you really want my opinion on books from Metro. here it is:

their raw ungraded books are really hit and miss, I would say that 40 percent of the time they overgrade, and about 50 percent of the time they hit the nail on the head, and about 10 percent of the time they actually undergrade.

I will say that judging from the mulitple AF15s they have, all of the raw copies seem to be a tad overgraded, and the CGC copies are always overpriced, but that is how they make money, they can afford to sit back and wait until they get their listed price on a certain book.

the absolute BEST way to get any key book, is by buying from a board member, it's been my experience that you get a very accurately graded book for around FMV but not overblown prices. I would put a WTB post and see who is selling copies right now, that is how I bought my copy and I know that I could not have gotten a better deal anywhere.

sorry if you felt slighted, we tend to joke ALOT around here, just be glad your name is not Greggy :)

oh and welcome to the boards :grin: