• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I sold 2 of my 10 copies at megacon. Exactly what I expected. Demand very strong (as are prices )

You said you had 10 copies :o I don't think I remember seeing that much from you before. Congrats on the two sales thus far :applause:

I sold 2 of my 10 copies at megacon. Exactly what I expected. Demand very strong (as are prices )

You said you had 10 copies :o I don't think I remember seeing that much from you before. Congrats on the two sales thus far :applause:

most Ive taken to a convention is 12 copies (heroes 2011).

Close enough :sumo:

Nice 3.0! It has similar characteristics to my Blue off-white AF15 4.0.

Most that saw my book said the same thing...That's the nicest 4.0 I've ever seen.

One the questions of...Which AF15 should I buy?

The bottom line is that if you have the cash, do your research, look at multiple copies and find the best for the price range you can spend. If you buy the first copy you see and there aren't others to compare with, you likely won't do as good in the long term as if you had looked around. Almost like dating and marriage...an AF15 can be a big commitment, so don't rush into it before doing your research.

Also consider the possibility for resale (This shouldn't have an analogy with marriage ;-)

WHO might buy this from me in the future IF I need to sell it.

-Some don't like Yellow/Auto on their Af15, Marvel Chipping and creme PQ

-Many- Don't like PLODS, while most look good they have stigma attached

-Most dislike TRIMMED/PLOD/Tan Pages...Wow...THAT WILL BE A LIMITED AUDIENCE. A TRIMMED EXTENSIVE PLOD with brittle to TAN PAGES OUCH!

Things to consider before you drop down you $$$

I still think the PLOD with slight color touch only in high grade are relatively original and a good value. I talked with Matt Nelson in person about people buying Slight 6.0+ Slight color touch PLOD'S and having him "Unrestore" them...Press the book and it comes back at 5.0 unrestored. Depending on the amount of color touch, you need to be an expert to make money $$$ at that or you can loose as well. RISK VS Benefit.

Finally: As long as you have the $$$ in hand, you are in the driver seat. The seller will want you to think you are the passenger though.

Good Luck,

Scott Boothby

Nice 3.0! It has similar characteristics to my Blue off-white AF15 4.0.

Most that saw my book said the same thing...That's the nicest 4.0 I've ever seen.

One the questions of...Which AF15 should I buy?

The bottom line is that if you have the cash, do your research, look at multiple copies and find the best for the price range you can spend. If you buy the first copy you see and there aren't others to compare with, you likely won't do as good in the long term as if you had looked around. Almost like dating and marriage...an AF15 can be a big commitment, so don't rush into it before doing your research.

Finally: As long as you have the $$$ in hand, you are in the driver seat. The seller will want you to think you are the passenger though.

Good Luck,

Scott Boothby

with af 15 the seller is almost always "in the driver seat" but there is nothing wrong with being a buyer/passenger in that car (thumbs u

With that said i have bought probably 100+ af15s in the past 5-6 years and no matter what i have paid , i dont think i have ever "over paid" medium to long term on an af15. So don't fret over a few $s. buy what you like at a price you can afford and all will work itself out

This is great advice from G.A tor. I've ONLY had 5 different copies in my life and while I felt like I overpaid a couple times...it was always a profit in the long term. In the late 1980's as a kid I got my first copy which was basically coverless...

It had part of the front and a full back cover. I paid 50- at the comic show for it. People laughed at me thinking I overpaid. My next copy was a beater 1.0 or so I paid a couple hundred bucks for. Each time when I sold a few years later I made a tidy PROFIT!

On a side note, my Dad who thought comics were a joke saw me buy my latest Af15 4.0 BLUE in cash. He said, "Son why did you pay that much $$$." At the show I dropped it by a couple other dealers tables and could have flipped it at the show for a couple hundred profit...These books are at the present time better than cash in your credit union and that is why they are hot!

i thought u had 14 copies locked and loaded for megacon? That 1.5 Action 1 would have looked nice on your wall :)

i thought u had 14 copies locked and loaded for megacon? That 1.5 Action 1 would have looked nice on your wall :)
I had bought 15 copies so far this year before the show (bought 3 more for the show) but have sold 10 copies now, leaving me currently with 8, but still buying!

WOW!

I've never yet held an Action #1 in person ;-(

Michael Carbonaro let me flip through his Action Comics #2 though...

So Close :-)

I have sold 3 action 1's in the past year...5 or 6 in the past 3 years...it is a great book too, but not silver age lol (thumbs u

WOW!

I have sold 3 action 1's in the past year...5 or 6 in the past 3 years...it is a great book too, but not silver age lol (thumbs u

Do you know what I would give to see all those Action 1s and AF 15s you had at once in one photo?

WOW!

Do you know what I would give to see all those Action 1s and AF 15s you had at once in one photo?

never had more than 1 action 1 at one time...I think I took a photo of 7-8 af15's this weekend...I'll post when I find it (thumbs u

WOW!

here is the first one I found from this past weekend, with multiple af15's...unfortunately 2 had already sold at this point (I never put all out at same time, as to not "visually" impact their importance...in other words, I don't dilute them)

megacon2013043_zpsddaca95d.jpg

That's awesome Rick...nothing cooler than a whole row of multiple mega keys.
the only thing cooler would be to "sell" a whole row of multiple mega keys lol