• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I'd say the grading on the PQ was fine... I'd probably have even gone with a straight OW. THAT SAID, I'd buy 7.0s like that every day of the week as I see no reason to grade that lower than 8.0 from what we're seeing here. Only question I have is what is that color-breaking mark above the "N" in Fantasy?

I agree, there are 4 or 5 visible spine stresses that weren't that bad and the corners are great. If we all can get a closer look at the color break above the N, that might be the deal breaker that caused this book to not have a higher grade.

The book in the case is so different from the book outside of the case. If I have the nerve to crack open my 6.5, I will post scan because I also believe my 6.5 looks better in hand. Not that I plan to resub any times soon.

I agree, there are 4 or 5 visible spine stresses that weren't that bad and the corners are great. If we all can get a closer look at the color break above the N, that might be the deal breaker that caused this book to not have a higher grade.

The book in the case is so different from the book outside of the case. If I have the nerve to crack open my 6.5, I will post scan because I also believe my 6.5 looks better in hand. Not that I plan to resub any times soon.

You guys hit the nail on the head, the wear above the N is the typical scuffing on an AF 15. That, I believe, is what relegated the book to the 7 range. But I'm telling you....this book BLOWS my 6.0 away. And I just got it back from CGC. Here it is...

90075.jpg.2820d19826e1d72f7690a540201f3a49.jpg

90078.jpg.876459d984d7e9fc8d5842841ee0357c.jpg

Brannon, that 7.0 is just ridiculous. I love those razor sharp corners!

:headbang:

I agree Roy. I've got the book in hand as we post and it's the nicest I've owned (and probably ever will).

I'm so proud of my new boy !! :banana:

WTB A AF #15 CGC 4.0 or Better, Blue label, No Qualifiers. pls let me know what u got- anyone?. I'm a serious buyer of course.

You should also put this post in the Comics Market - Want to Buy area.

Yeah, and no upper right corner missing and scribbling on the cover (I don't care WHO signed the book...ink is STILL ink!)

But give the book FULL credit as it does have White PQ.

There is no scribbling on the cover -- the autograph is on the CGC case.

Yeah, and no upper right corner missing and scribbling on the cover (I don't care WHO signed the book...ink is STILL ink!)

But give the book FULL credit as it does have White PQ.

There is no scribbling on the cover -- the autograph is on the CGC case.

My bad (Dah !..just read the ad)

I think the price is soft and good thing the seller had a reserve. I thought the chips hurt the appeal of the book but i thought for sure the PQ would be more than make up for that. On the bright side, I think price has steadied.

Well my AF15 membership is in jeopardy and I'm worried. Payed off the book and had it sent to my mom's place so she could bring it up for Xmas. She's leaving for here now and never received it. Haven't been able to get a hold of the dealer for the entire week either. I am very concerned and not quite sure what to do at this point. Even if it does eventually get to her place the last time my mom forwarded a comic to me it arrived folded in thirds in our mailbox. Egad. Just needed to type here to vent. Very disappointing and scary.

-Rob-

Well my AF15 membership is in jeopardy and I'm worried. Payed off the book and had it sent to my mom's place so she could bring it up for Xmas. She's leaving for here now and never received it. Haven't been able to get a hold of the dealer for the entire week either. I am very concerned and not quite sure what to do at this point. Even if it does eventually get to her place the last time my mom forwarded a comic to me it arrived folded in thirds in our mailbox. Egad. Just needed to type here to vent. Very disappointing and scary.

-Rob-

How did you purchase it? Via Ebay or other? Ebay/Paypal will cover your purchase. Who is the seller?