• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

How many copies of this exist?

824 Universal Graded Copies

19 Qualified Graded Copies

37 Sig Series Graded Copies

405 Restored Graded Copies

1285 Total Graded Copies

Plus the countless raw copies out there.

1285 Total Graded Copies

I recall an Overstreet Guide from (I think) the early '90s give an estimate of 2,000 copies--which we now know to be obviously off. It seems 10,000 copies wouldn't be too unreasonable. Maybe a lot more? :shrug:

1285 Total Graded Copies

I recall an Overstreet Guide from (I think) the early '90s give an estimate of 2,000 copies--which we now know to be obviously off. It seems 10,000 copies wouldn't be too unreasonable. Maybe a lot more? :shrug:

So you think there are 8700+ raw copies?

1285 Total Graded Copies

So you think there are 8700+ raw copies?

Just a guess. Since CGC is still in its infancy, I'm thinking that 10 times the figure that have been slabbed is possible. What else do I base my guess on? Uh, not much. :insane:

1285 Total Graded Copies

That's ONLY counting the CGC graded copies. What about the regrades, which aren't kept track of. Not to mention however many PGX has graded themselves. I'd estimate that total number of graded books to be around 2,500. With about 5% being resubmitted in hopes of a higher grade. How many were actually obtained with a slab, and later cracked out to read and whatnot? Then, there are the raw copies, of which there is no idea how many there are. It's been noted in this very same thread awhile back about this very same subject. I'm still trying to find MY copy though. ;)

I would think the Overstreet number may actually be closer to the truth........certainly 3000-5000 would sound more reasonable

I doubt 10,000 exist..........but I could be wrong :makepoint:

Whatever the case, if I could just get a hold of one of 'em. :whistle:

1285 Total Graded Copies

That's ONLY counting the CGC graded copies. What about the regrades, which aren't kept track of. Not to mention however many PGX has graded themselves. I'd estimate that total number of graded books to be around 2,500. With about 5% being resubmitted in hopes of a higher grade. How many were actually obtained with a slab, and later cracked out to read and whatnot? Then, there are the raw copies, of which there is no idea how many there are. It's been noted in this very same thread awhile back about this very same subject. I'm still trying to find MY copy though. ;)

I think your estimate of the # of graded copies of AF #15 is a bit high; if there are 1285 graded copies on the CGC census, then I believe that actually means that less than 1285 unique copies have been graded by CGC (i.e. when copies are resubmitted with the CGC label, CGC removes the old grade from the census; when copies are resubmitted without the CGC label, the census will then reflect the same book twice, or more depending on how many times it has been resubmitted without the label).

--> Pulling a number or two out of my butt, I would therefore estimate that there have been 1,150 to 1,200 unique copies graded by CGC to date.

--> I think I've seen 10 CGC graded copies (or more) for every PGX graded copy that I've seen, so pulling another number out of my butt, I would estimate that roughly 100 unique copies have been graded by PGX to date (maybe there is a PGX census of some sort that could firm up this number, but I wouldn't know)

==> In total I would therefore estimate that there have been roughly 1,250 - 1,300 unique copies graded to date by CGC and PGX

Now that Spider-Man 4 has confirmed to be scrapped. Do you guys think AF#15 prices would level down a bit until we hear more news on what the next film will be?

I don't believe so. AF 15 is the holy grail of the silver age, whether there is an ASM 4 movie in the works or not.

Quick look at GPA shows trend seems to be both up and down however.

e.g. 5.0 Last sale $10,00 and 12 month average up - $9620.

4.5 up, last sale $8963

4.0 down last sale $5200

I agree...the movie hype helps a little but not as much as other titles. This title will and always do well and weather the storm better than most, like the X-men. 2 of the best SA blue chip titles for those that invest/speculate more than mere collecting. I kind of like the idea of a reboot and if it is done right, it could rejuvenate the franchise. Is it too soon? I can't say but Batman and Star Trek have been 2 of the best reboots so far. I thought the Hulk reboot was done well and I personally liked the last movie but I guess I was in the minority...it is too bad because I really like to see another Hulk movie with Norton.

I personally hated Spiderman 3. Was it the studio that forced the issue in squeezing in too many villains in that movie or was it Raimi? anyone has the scoop?

I agree...the movie hype helps a little but not as much as other titles. This title will and always do well and weather the storm better than most, like the X-men. 2 of the best SA blue chip titles for those that invest/speculate more than mere collecting. I kind of like the idea of a reboot and if it is done right, it could rejuvenate the franchise. Is it too soon? I can't say but Batman and Star Trek have been 2 of the best reboots so far. I thought the Hulk reboot was done well and I personally liked the last movie but I guess I was in the minority...it is too bad because I really like to see another Hulk movie with Norton.

I personally hated Spiderman 3. Was it the studio that forced the issue in squeezing in too many villains in that movie or was it Raimi? anyone has the scoop?

I remember reading that it was the guys in suits that forced Raimi to add Venom to the cast. Raimi originally said he didn't plan to do a Venom story, but he got pressured in doing so. As a result, you got a dud like Spider-Man 3. If they let Raimi do what he intended, I'm pretty sure Spider-Man 3 would have turned out a lot better.

Now that Spider-Man 4 has confirmed to be scrapped. Do you guys think AF#15 prices would level down a bit until we hear more news on what the next film will be?

Just as silverweb said, the movie (good or bad) will have minimal (if any) bearing on the prices of AF#15.

It's the Top SA dog and, quite possibly, one of the top 5 books in the hobby.

Just as silverweb said, the movie (good or bad) will have minimal (if any) bearing on the prices of AF#15.

Yeah I was hoping it might drop the prices a tad bit since I am currently in the market for a copy. Prices did shoot up quite a bit in the past few years. :eek:

Yeah I was hoping it might drop the prices a tad bit since I am currently in the market for a copy. Prices did shoot up quite a bit in the past few years. :eek:

I wouldn't count on it. The hyper-keys tend to hold their value pretty well. You might see some fluctuation but nothing signficant. At least, that's my guess.

HEY WHO SAID ASM4 WAS OFFICIALLY SCRAPPED? NO WAY, EVEN THE NY BROADWAY OF SPIDERMAN IS GETTING THE GREEN LIGHT. WHO IS SPREADING THIS NEGATIVITY? C'MON JUST CAUSE ITS COLD AND MISERABLE OUTSIDE DOESNT MEAN YOU GOTTA START THIS.

HEY WHO SAID ASM4 WAS OFFICIALLY SCRAPPED? NO WAY, EVEN THE NY BROADWAY OF SPIDERMAN IS GETTING THE GREEN LIGHT. WHO IS SPREADING THIS NEGATIVITY? C'MON JUST CAUSE ITS COLD AND MISERABLE OUTSIDE DOESNT MEAN YOU GOTTA START THIS.

Relax man....

You might want to read this thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3710702&gonew=1#UNREAD

Ya now I see it, gee thats a bummer. But the re-boot will be worth waiting for. I was so looking fwd to seeing the vulture and mysterio battle spidey. With Black Cat stirring trouble for Mary Jane.

Now AF15 will get even a bigger boost with re-boot. I can see the 85K popping up in the 9.2 grade for overstreet #40 coming out this year. Then 100K in overtreet #41.

All other marvel keys get a big boost too.

Comments please.