• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
12 12

5,134 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2024 at 6:49 PM, KirbyJack said:

My wife does little resto projects, and she asked me what she should do with two black and white tables she had. I foolishly suggested that I could doodle on one, with my much more talented daughter Courtney doing the other. She liked the idea, so I had to do it. Here’s mine. 

IMG_3129.thumb.jpeg.c199a6a43dbbd0ebd6fc656cc40898a5.jpeg

watch out, she will miraculously find 15 more table tops in need of this treatment and it will become a full time job. Is this going to be laminated or treated in a way that you can put a cup down and not wreck it? It is very cool.

On 6/21/2024 at 10:02 AM, the blob said:Is this going to be laminated or treated in a way that you can put a cup down and not wreck it? It is very cool.

Thank you!

Yeah; I’ll tweak a couple things that bother me, and then she’ll put on a clear coat.

She has me doing stuff like this regularly, and loans me out to friends/family for all sorts of jobs. It’s too late already!

On 6/20/2024 at 5:49 PM, KirbyJack said:

My wife does little resto projects, and she asked me what she should do with two black and white tables she had. I foolishly suggested that I could doodle on one, with my much more talented daughter Courtney doing the other. She liked the idea, so I had to do it. Here’s mine. 

IMG_3129.thumb.jpeg.c199a6a43dbbd0ebd6fc656cc40898a5.jpeg

Great work...great idea

On 7/10/2024 at 5:33 PM, Crimebuster said:

Well, I've gone and made another comic. :ohnoez:

As some of you know from my posts around these parts, for quite a few years now, the focus of my collection has been romance comics. So I've been dying to do a romance comic myself. it's taken quite a while to get it all put together, but I finally have it done: Geek Love #1 is now out on Kickstarter.

This is me basically doing a classic romance comic, but with a modern geeky twist, as the stories are about cosplayers, gamers, and wizards in love. 

I also drew all four covers for it. Usually, I have guest artists do some of the covers, but this one I wanted to do myself, so I could pay homage to some of my favorite romance covers and titles. 🙂

Here's the regular cover -- I used some of my favorite classic Golden Age heroes that are in the public domain for the cosplayers costumes. Also, the story is about a high school girl who finds new self-confidence -- and true love, of course -- when she cosplays as War Nurse. Not sure there's a huge audience clamoring for War Nurse romance comics, so I guess I was making this one mostly for myself! 😁

issue1-cover-small.jpg.5d49ee2012aa4970bed49be500735f3e.jpg

One of the stories is about the ineffable romance of the funicular. The primary inspiration for this variant is obviously Charlie Armentano's cover for DC Super-Giant #21, aka Love 1971, but I also took inspiration for the funicular itself from the cover of Mod Love #1 by Michael Quarez, and there's a hint of Ric Estrada's cover for Falling in Love #99 in the lettering and swirlies in the bottom right. 

love2024.jpg.6a0a014745efcab9eca0a0b8327b9425.jpg

This one obviously is a straight homage of Jay Scott Pike's classic cover for Young Romance #150, but with a gaming twist that I think D&D and RPG fans will enjoy. 

YR150cover.jpg.712b58f5653737f2b23545e71b6f76af.jpg 

Finally, one of my favorite titles is Romantic Adventures from ACG, so I decided to do a cover where I revived that title and numbering, which seemed appropriate since this story is set in 1958. It's about a wizard who falls in love with a beat poet - pencils and inks by me, colors are by Adriel Dalla Vecchia:

romanticadventurescover.jpg.3ee241d292d87472ef37f4460f530814.jpg

I love romance comics, so I had an absolute blast drawing these covers! I hope you guys dig them too 🤗

I'm in! I pledged for a Young Romance 150 cover and a sketch card. That mod cover is super cool too.

On 8/19/2024 at 8:52 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

The other side of the paper had some horrible sketches that I was pretty heavy handed with the penciling.  But the initial outline for this turned out so good that I kept going without using a new sheet of paper.

The hair started as a pixie cut but got out of control so I ran out of space on top to finish the bun.

***This entire thing was a mess from start to finish

IMG_20240819_0001.thumb.jpg.488b2904f25463d5c269fe3ab20032ef.jpg

Forgot...0.7 HB on copy paper

***Roughly an hour to finish

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss