• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

:blush: I feel a bit guilty posting my work here among all the fine amateur work, as art is my career and I don't want that to take away from the high caliber work posted by the many talented non-professionals on these pages.

Most of my work these days is in the form of commissioned paintings as opposed to book covers and illustration, but I've done a lot of convention program book covers and B&W illos over the years.

Here is an oil painting that I provided for FenCon 1 back in 2004 (the program staff was kind enough to allow my input into the layout design as well, which compliments the work, IMO; the concept is based on the early SF digests) ...

FenconProgram1.jpg

Spiderman vs Lizard page

f8c1a7846c22.jpg

Your stuff is really good. (I'm assuming you aren't tracing out of something?) Have you done anything professionally comics/illustration-wise?

If not, I'm guessing it takes a while for you to do one of these? the picture frames are creative too.

a lot of my work im doing recreations of covers and splash pages..So im not tracing but I look at pictures while im drawing..And no Ive never done anything professional..they dont take me much time..most are about 2 hours to draw and 3 hours to ink