• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,100 posts in this topic

Anybody here do any wood burning/pyrography? Thinking of trying my hand at it. Seems you can get kits ranging in price from $8 to $300. Wondering if the cheap ones will be sufficient for a beginner or if they are just completely worthless

Anybody here do any wood burning/pyrography? Thinking of trying my hand at it. Seems you can get kits ranging in price from $8 to $300. Wondering if the cheap ones will be sufficient for a beginner or if they are just completely worthless

A cheap kit will at least give you the ability to interact with the material in a way that tells you whether or not you want to invest more. Basically an $8 trial run. Hot metal is hot metal afterall.

A cheap kit will at least give you the ability to interact with the material in a way that tells you whether or not you want to invest more. Basically an $8 trial run. Hot metal is hot metal afterall.

Thanks. After looking around it seems all the ones with temperature controls are expensive and the ones without are cheap. I don't think I need to do any shading with what I want to do. I think I can get what I want for about $30. The only perk I want is swappable tips (thumbs u

I've been working on this for the past 4 1/2 years. It's still a work in progress, but I hope to someday finish it and display it in the Louvre or the Met... least that's a little dream of mine...

2wnxs8y.jpg

:applause: sweet!

a1a1a12011.jpg

Got any detail shots of this?

Sorry no detail pictures..I sold it a few months ago

but I'm woking on a new drawing

pencildrawing34.jpg

Very cool! I might be a terrible person for saying this as I can see how much work you put into them but I kind of wish they were done in ink instead of pencil...