• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

That's way cool. I can only imagine what painting you'll do next. (Botticelli's Venus? The Last Supper? Starry Night? Something by Hieronymous Bosch?) The ultimate postmodern statement would be to do a Roy Lichtenstein work using cut-up comic pieces. Anyway, your artwork is really inspired. I had to go grab an image of Edvard Munch's "The Scream" just to compare the two. Here's what they look like side-by side:

144031.jpg.c81fcf6023c8ab838e744ed65a42e2a5.jpg

Here's a collage I made out of inexpensive comic books. My version of Edward Munch's The Scream. Working on my second collage right now.

:applause:

Totally agree! Very interesting.

:applause: I also enjoy the thought that alot of (probably crappy 90's drek ? ) comics are being put to some kind of valuable use :grin:

Here's a collage I made out of inexpensive comic books. My version of Edward Munch's The Scream. Working on my second collage right now.

:applause:

Totally agree! Very interesting.

:applause: I also enjoy the thought that alot of (probably crappy 90's drek ? ) comics are being put to some kind of valuable use :grin:

I use mainly comics from around 2006 to present because that's when most comic books started being made out of glossy magazine paper instead of newsprint. Magazine paper is much easier to cut out and glue.