• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

listening to Tom Waits so i had a go at drawing him

h7lnnl8l.jpg

Good stuff mate. :applause:

finished it

Z7iN8Fnl.jpg

It's great to see this thread being contributed to :applause:

i'm annoyed that i used pen for the writing in the background, the rest is all done with a brush

Did this on a Marvel blank.

I really don't like the cover stock... too shiny! Didn't agree with the pens I was using.

WolverineSketch.jpg

Very cool re-creation!!! I hate drawing on those Wolverine blanks as well. Too waxy

brought up in wolverine OA thread (debate), but hey it's personal artwork from my childhood days!

ea15w4.jpg

:applause: I love "vintage" amateur super hero art :applause:

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I was hoping I could get some good advice on where or how I can start to learn to draw comic style art. I really want to start creating my own stories and characters bit can't draw for . I have two books that have to do with drawing marvel and DC but I really can't teach myself well. So how can I learn and get good at it? Any other good books out there, videos, anything? Also can you suggest other forums or discussion threads that artists are a part of? I appreciate all your response, thanks!

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I was hoping I could get some good advice on where or how I can start to learn to draw comic style art. I really want to start creating my own stories and characters bit can't draw for . I have two books that have to do with drawing marvel and DC but I really can't teach myself well. So how can I learn and get good at it? Any other good books out there, videos, anything? Also can you suggest other forums or discussion threads that artists are a part of? I appreciate all your response, thanks!

If you haven't drawn before, It can take a good year of drawing every day to get your drawings to the point where they don't look like children's drek. Of course, it can take a quarter of that time depending on your desire, ability and imagination. Put simply, if you haven't drawn before you are going to stink at the beginning. Don't get discouraged and practice. Draw your favorite characters to start and progress from there.

Drawing Comis the Marvel Way was a nice starter before I sought out more formal instruction.

Most of mine, I have to be looking at a model/picture. I cannot do free hand as well as drawing off of something. That said, most of you may recognize where these drawings came from.

Witchblade

rJLMQC1.jpg

Violator

z7rUPf5.jpg

Venom

21EfSKL.jpg

Spawn

o5sCrh2.jpg

Skeletor - Having a Liefield moment..couldn't get his feet right.

XZbc0Ub.jpg

Malebolgia

Iif46dW.jpg

Lady Death

7DVvTuC.jpg

Holocaust

cxOnFEC.jpg

Clown

qkaryx2.jpg

Captain America

T48XlDe.jpg

This is the one that is going to MAKE me!

BiffDavisLayersTonesFlat.jpg

oh..... it's ...."SMASH" Mulligan #4 :grin::baiting:

not toilet paper yet :kidaround:

spike4cover2_zpsf3ab1f6c.jpg

Edited by Senormac

I had no idea. I won't even use the George Harrison defence. I just thought up the dumbest name that still sounded like the name of a comic book and used it. I assume that Spike Mulligan's creator did the same thing.