• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,100 posts in this topic

:hi:

Lettered and penciled.... 11 pages of the next chapter which is a 27 pager :banana:

docsavagespike1_zps72095a7f.jpg

It's about damn time! :taptaptap:

lol

I know. It's what.... like 10 months ? lol:sorry:

I know not many really like 3D art on here for some reason, and I've posted some before with no love, but here is some more that I did recently as I'm finishing my degree in game production.

ZBrush alien humanoid character. Conceptualized, modeled, sculpted and painted using 3DS Max and Zbrush.

Concept digitally sketched in Photoshop. I took many freedoms from my initial design for times sake, and the fact that some things were just not working for me on the 3D side as far as the silhouette was concerned.

Final presentation render passes done in ZBrush as well, then comped in Photoshop.

Anatomy could still need some work in the future, but I'm done with it for the time being as I have another huge load of work to do right now.

LWMPFJzh.jpg

9YwDzvDh.png

Jz6De2sh.png

G0pbhIXh.png

PbSPWT7h.png

McvITQsh.png

qmW7Rqzh.jpg

Edited by gradejunky

Another prop I did just recently as well. Am finishing the tweaking of the textures/materials in the next couple of weeks to finalize for my portfolio. I actually modeled this just off a picture of a tabletop miniature, plus used some other ref. to do the texture work and fill in any gaps artistically in the model. This is a next-gen game ready model/prop.

Warhammer 40K Ork/Grot Force Field Generator-3DS Max, Quixel Suite, Photoshop, and Marmoset Toolbag

NTen50Kh.jpg

Edited by gradejunky

Very cool indeed,wish I knew how to do that.I'm just too old,or old school I guess.I love it though!

Thanks oakman!

If you have an artistic ability, it is just a matter of learning the very technical side of things like how the software works, the many techniques involved in the process, and also just learning a workflow from one application to the next, and back and forth and so on. The basics of art all still apply obviously like:

form

value

composition

proportions

color

design

silhouette

etc.

I have seen some of your cover recreations (that is you right?), and they are pretty damn good. You'd be surprised what you could do once you tackle the very steep learning curve that is 3D graphics. However, it is just another medium. A different piece of paper/canvas and pencil/pen/brush.

(thumbs u

Very cool indeed,wish I knew how to do that.I'm just too old,or old school I guess.I love it though!

Thanks oakman!

If you have an artistic ability, it is just a matter of learning the very technical side of things like how the software works, the many techniques involved in the process, and also just learning a workflow from one application to the next, and back and forth and so on. The basics of art all still apply obviously like:

form

value

composition

proportions

color

design

silhouette

etc.

I have seen some of your cover recreations (that is you right?), and they are pretty damn good. You'd be surprised what you could do once you tackle the very steep learning curve that is 3D graphics. However, it is just another medium. A different piece of paper/canvas and pencil/pen/brush.

(thumbs u

I looked into 3D modelling software when I was the lead designer for a costume making company. I did the conceptual art, the company wanted me to do 3D models for production purposes but it was just to time consuming.

Probably the costume design work that most of you would know of is the costume for the Batman Begins movie:

0341capeopenresized.jpg

Here are some designs I did that I intended to 3D model but never got around to it:

Beastsketch22Feb2005Lres.jpg

FrostStrykelres.jpg

Your underwater creature 3D model is beautiful. I love the subtle textures.

one of my first Inktober submissions. Since my original plans for this year's Inktober fell through, I decided to do trading card size recreations of Pre-Code Horror covers that I really like.

inktober_01-bcm50_trading_card.jpg

and this is just an inking practice that might turn into something more if all goes well :)

anyone know who the artist is or what book this is from? It is fairly recent.

kh-remaining_127-part2.jpg

Edited by Sarfa