• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,098 posts in this topic

Just finished making a belated Chanukah card for someone I know.

An homage to Wally Wood's cover for Incredible Science-Fiction #33:

EtrXhXd.jpg

I have that image on a T-shirt but it would be even better if it mentioned Hanukah.

Pretty dang good ! I mean, you were attempting to copy WALLY WOOD GOOD LUCK !!!

Took some progress shots for a friend and thought I'd put one of the pages up here too. It's the pencils for page 17. This issue will be a 28 pager and hopefully will be done by Feb. :wishluck:

MFers%20page%2017%20a_zpspypimtzu.jpg

Here's something kind of fun. I sent Jack, who does the covers for S.M. a copy of this splash page and he sent me his own rendition of this exact same scene. It's way cool !! I'm going to include it in the upcoming book at the end. My page top.... Jacks page bottom

Here is the splash for the next SM :busy:

spike%206%20pg%201_zpsq2dr8t5p.jpg

sting%20finished_zps1lw6hyeu.jpg

Edited by Senormac

Thanks. I need the art lesson.

?

Did I miss something ?

Sorry Ron..... I suppose your post could be taken at face value and as sincere and without sarcasm.

I am tainted :sorry:

It is completely sincere. In the two pictures we saw a master, Jake, take a scene and work it up ten fold. I printed out both pictures to remind myself how far a good artist can take a good idea. They now sit over my drawing board. Thanks for the art lesson.

In progress, an oil painting I've been working on for 4+ months so far. I just recently blocked in the Death Star. It's been taking a long time for the paint to dry in between sessions.

7orIQ4T.jpg

In progress, an oil painting I've been working on for 4+ months so far. I just recently blocked in the Death Star. It's been taking a long time for the paint to dry in between sessions.

7orIQ4T.jpg

Very impressive!

Yeah, there's a reprint of it where they changed it to blue also (Marvel Movie Showcase). Other color differences will be my gray Death Star, and the background will be blues possibly fading out to black- still pondering that...

Edit: Oh, and the logo colors, obviously.

Edited by iggy