• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,098 posts in this topic

I use a toothbrush and bristle spatter white paint speckles to make stars. Dont know if that would work with oils though.

I've definitely been considering that, but I think ultimately I'll be painting them in one by one using the comic as a guide.

I also thought about using a friend's airbrush to "spit" some stars on it after masking off the main images.

Edited by iggy

There is some cool work here, guys. Glad I am not the only hobby artist around these parts.

And as a shameless plug for my own goods, I finally started a facebook page ( here ) in case anyone wants to follow/like it. I am hoping to post updates there once or twice a month.

Drew this one when I was 11y old. I'm sure most of you can guess the original source of inspiration :) I was quite the prolific artist between the ages of 11 to 14! I'll post a few more over the course of the next few weeks...

77.12.31_Ms%20Marvel_noname_zpssrt3qqkw.jpg

Edited by SuperZar

I was placing a Netflix disc in the sleeve when I noticed an invitation to draw... (Netflix wants you to tweet drawings on their disc sleeves apparently)

Quick feeble attempt with marker while watching the next offering. I used to have an idea what I was doing until I abandoned drawing for what seems like a lifetime.

Ex-Machina is in the sleeve BTW...

Bat-Flix%20Bam%20Pow.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

I love seeing all the creativity here. The Star Wars cover is really good Iggy. And in oils no less. I've heard that's a tuff medium to master cuz of drying time and color bleed. Looks great !!

And how cool is it to have some of your artwork saved for over 30 years SuperZar. Priceless. I've saved lots of my kids work, but not much of my own stuff has survived.

Sorry I haven't been around so much, I have been busy. I finished the pencils for Spike Mulligan #6 and started inking it. There will be a great surprise in this up coming issue.... but mums the word for now ;)

spike%206%20pencils%201%20cropped_zpsck2no6gm.jpg

spike%206%20pencils%203_zpsstionq8j.jpg

Edited by Senormac

WHAM

nice

After those two panels, I thought of having "thank you ma'am" fit somehow into the first panel of the next page, but I just couldn't figure out how to make it work very well (shrug)

not sure what you are trying to show here.

Some personal artwork? (shrug)

Thought some other DD fans would think it was cool. Guess not.

I think it's cool :)

I had to go back a few pages to figure out what you were talking about, but here it is .

This public service announcement brought to you by Sherlock Mac

Backstory:

My wife and I are huge Daredevil fans, and we really enjoyed the Netflix show. We recently bought a new house and realized we don't have enough artwork to decorate it. She made a comment in passing while watching the show how much she liked the painting that Matt and Vanessa were looking it...so as a surprise for my wife I thought I'd try to recreate it to adorn our new house. This picture does it no justice because I have an overhead light on and makes it appear far lighter/brighter than it really is, but you get the point. I'm going to add the brown overlays after this layer dries. Getting close! :headbang:

5F03842E-2943-4207-9642-E9C885629FD0_zpsbokux7ey.jpg

I had to go back a few pages to figure out what you were talking about, but here it is .

Backstory:

My wife and I are huge Daredevil fans, and we really enjoyed the Netflix show. We recently bought a new house and realized we don't have enough artwork to decorate it. She made a comment in passing while watching the show how much she liked the painting that Matt and Vanessa were looking it...so as a surprise for my wife I thought I'd try to recreate it to adorn our new house. This picture does it no justice because I have an overhead light on and makes it appear far lighter/brighter than it really is, but you get the point. I'm going to add the brown overlays after this layer dries. Getting close! :headbang:

And as I have never seen the show I didn't know what I was looking at.

Backstory:

Nice!

Sorry if I confused you, been off the boards for a couple years, just started logging back on. I Always liked the personal artwork thread so it was one of my first stops.

By the way, Daredevil has been my favorite since the eighties when I first started reading comics.

Edited by dicjones

Thanks Mac! lol

Well since it seems someone thought it was cool then I'll have to get a picture of the other one I did...the Kingpin's "Rabbit in a Snow Storm" painting! BTW, the red painting looks way better now that I've finished it. We have the red and white one on opposite sides of our entertainment room and it looks pretty cool. I'll get a pic soon.

Backstory:

And as I have never seen the show I didn't know what I was looking at.

I'm looking right at the picture, and I don't know what I'm looking at (shrug):grin: