• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very small world: Tme Machine visit

56 posts in this topic

Rodger at Time Machine is just an excellent, excellent person, all around great guy and so informative on the hobby.

He had great advice for me when I started publishing, and once when I came in looking for something...and he didn't have it...he picked up the phone and called two other shops in the area for me to see if they had what I needed.

Now THATS a great guy.

St. Marks, on the other hand, I couldn't even get them to look for a back issue for me.

Neat story Steve. When I was in NY last year I went to all the comic stores within reach but I didn't even see The Time Machine in the yellow pages so I missed it. Aside from the actual comics, what is more important than meeting fellow collectors? Didn't realize Capfreak was so young.

I went to the Time Machine last month while visiting NYC and Roger truly is a nice guy.

I got some great low grade GA books and he got to speak French with my girlfriend (who doesn't speak very much English).

GREAT shop! Highly recommended.

What's up guys!?

It was a blast just talking to Mr. Borock. Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to chat with me and my dad. That would have sucked to walk like 10 blacks to the ATM and then go back. Good luck with your TV Guide endeavor.

See you in SD!

What's up guys!?

It was a blast just talking to Mr. Borock. Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to chat with me and my dad. That would have sucked to walk like 10 blacks to the ATM and then go back. Good luck with your TV Guide endeavor.

See you in SD!

10 blocks? Are ATM no where in town?

Nice story. :applause: When Steve described the kid in a AC/DC shirt I was picturing a 12 year old. lol

BTW, how old are you Cap Freak?

Probably young enough to have already been told its time to go to bed by midnight.

Don't you have to be at least 18 to register over here?

What's up guys!?

See you in SD!

You called him "Mr. Borock", :roflmao:

Then again it is refreshing to hear that used today. Great story all around, Steve is as approachable as they come, not to mention cheap!

He once bought me a drink just so I would pay the tip for the round.

:blush:

(and yes that was a joke, for those who don't know Steve be he on a CGC per diem, or out of his own pocket. He is anything but cheap)

Nice story. :applause: When Steve described the kid in a AC/DC shirt I was picturing a 12 year old. lol

BTW, how old are you Cap Freak?

I think Cap's said that he's 17.

Great story. (thumbs u

Uh... Does Steve know something we don't? He goes into a comic shop and buys TV Guides.

I think he is just following the "I'll do whatever the hell I want to do because I'm FREE!" early retirement plan which will be swiftly followed by him buying a VW van or a Harley and traveling across America.

easy-rider-fonda-big-photo.jpg

Great story.   (thumbs uUh... Does Steve know something we don't? He goes into a comic shop and buys TV Guides. 
I think he is just following the "I'll do whatever the hell I want to do because I'm FREE!" early retirement plan which will be swiftly followed by him buying a VW van or a Harley and traveling across America.   easy-rider-fonda-big-photo.jpg   
 :cloud9: